Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2010, 07:29 PM

Help with complaint letter!

I have a headcollar and have had problems in the past and am again having problems (previous problems were dealt with very well). I am drafting an email to sent but am useless. This is what I have so far.

Re: Invoice No 15962

I am writing in relation to the above invoice number which was originally placed in April 2009. The headcollar was received promptly and all service I received was excellent and the effectiveness of your headcollar was immediately noticeable. However by August 2009 I found the synthetic material splitting along the seams. I contacted yourself regarding the issues and this was dealt with efficiently and I happily received a new headcollar.

I unfortunately find myself again with the same problem with the new headcollar that was sent to me (the synthetic material splitting where the noseband connects to the side ring and also on the strap where the lead connects). The timescale in which the issue is occurring is relatively similar to the previous headcollar.

Whilst I really like the design and effectiveness of the headcollar, and have recommended yourselves to many people I am concerned about its robustness, and am worried that this will lead to it failing when being used.

This is as far as I have gotten and nead a nice ending, What I really want is a headcollar from a different range I just dont know how to ask for this nicely but firmly!

Ive not sent it yet, I thought id wait for your expert input I know we have some good complaint writers on here!!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 08:11 PM
I think what you have so far is fine. I would just finish the last paragraph with something along the lines of "in the circumstances I would not wish an identical replacement but an alternative, as similar as possible".

you may want to add something like 'if the alternative is more expensive than the original, I would be happy to pay the difference' (subject to prior confirmation of the amount).'
HannahCB
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2010, 08:18 PM
thats so odd, if its the same company i bought one in april and it only lasted 2-3months and snapped at the stitching in the same place.

Good letter by the way, i like Hali's idea for the ending
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I think what you have so far is fine. I would just finish the last paragraph with something along the lines of "in the circumstances I would not wish an identical replacement but an alternative, as similar as possible".

you may want to add something like 'if the alternative is more expensive than the original, I would be happy to pay the difference' (subject to prior confirmation of the amount).'
Thanks Hali thats exactly the sort of thing I was wanting. Have just finished it off now.

Originally Posted by HannahCB View Post
thats so odd, if its the same company i bought one in april and it only lasted 2-3months and snapped at the stitching in the same place.

Good letter by the way, i like Hali's idea for the ending

Ill PM you for a nosey to see if it the same one! lol
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 08:57 PM
A nice letter. I find it helps to state clearly what you want to happen ie
I would like a refund or I am prepared to discuss a replacement from a different maunacturer.
I wouldn`t offer to pay extra until they say what they could offer - it might not be what you want.