Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
meking
New Member!
Female 

14-01-2010, 04:45 PM

Dog toys

our Bruno an English Bull is just over a year old, the aount of toys I buy for is unbeleivable, today I got him a squeeky toy, it appeared quite strong, and how he loved running around with it making it squeek, then after about 9 minutes I noticed it was not making any noise, and the two ears was on the carpet, so it was dumped, what can I buy him ? when in the garden he has a thick plastic watering can and a large thick pot plant holder, but draw the line to having them indoors any ideas lease ? meking
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Tilly was the same, every toy i got her was a pile of shrapnel within minutes. Then i was told to buy her the latex(?) toys. they are ball sized and shaped animals with a long tail. pets at home and most supermarkets sell them. Because they are so soft, they find it hard to destroy them as there not really chewable. theres not much grip. worth a try. if that fails, i suggest a breeze block!!
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Orbee toys claim to be long lasting, but my dog shows no interest in them, except from the tug toy and the treat spot toy (when the treats are in).
The only thing that has lasted here, apart from the kong, is the little squeaky latex ball, cheap too, got it from dog online. He's had it for months and it looks like new!
All the other plush squeaky toys are dissected in five minutes!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Try the nylabone range. I think there is one called a goliath.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 05:35 PM
I would suggest Orbees. They have a lifetime guarantee on them as well!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Nylabones are brill, though they do eventually get to eat them it takes aaaaaages.
We don't do squeakies or cuddlies here as they get destroyed in seconds.
Rope toys are good as they are cheap and they enjoy ripping them to shreds, just a lot of picking up to do after lol, but I don't begrudge them that.
meking
New Member!
Female 

14-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks for your ideas, I am going to write down all the brands you have given me and try and find them, maybe I will wait untill I have a few and see which one lasts the longest...LOVE the idea of a breeze block did make me smile ...meking
paddyjulie
New Member!
Female 

14-01-2010, 10:41 PM
have a look out for the tuft tyre they are quite good, also i have heard a few bullies love to play with a motorbike tyre or a road traffic cone...lol.

http://www.barkerandwalker.com/product_details_39.htm

juliex