Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 08:44 AM

Loving Home Offered For English Setter

I have been contacted by Elaine who owned my darling Tyler in his twilight years. Since losing him last September they have tried to get on with life but she says they miss him so much and Tarka, their approx 9 year old English Setter is also pining for his companion. They owned Tyler for just over a year and I was welcome to visit at any time, we did meet up a few times, she kept me posted with photos and updated with regards to his health. We also met up just after he went to the bridge and it was very emotional..I know she loved him as much as I did.

Tarka came to them by English Setter Rescue so I knew they had already been checked out before I met them and Tyler went to live there...not that I should have worried as he had a great home, lots of love and kisses, Elaine has an 11 year old daughter (possibly 12 now!), who is absolutely besotted with the dogs and she is also still very sad. Tarka is a real poppet, he and Tyler hit it off from day one as they were both softies, but I think Tarka is quite submissive and would be just as happy with a companion that was more dominating..he just misses his bed and walkies buddy.

Fortunately for the breed, there aren't many that come up for rescuing so Elaine has asked if I could keep my ears open. She has had dogs and bitches in the past and doesn't mind what sex she has, Tarka has been neutered so it wouldn't be a problem if they had a bitch again.

I have put out the feelers with people that I still keep in touch with but thought it would be a good idea to post on here too...you never know who knows who and it might be that there is another one out there just waiting for a home like Elaine can offer to come along.

Many thanks
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Let's hope there is a dog out there just waiting for the right home because by all accounts that would be Elaine I'm sure about that.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Let's hope there is a dog out there just waiting for the right home because by all accounts that would be Elaine I'm sure about that.
Thanks Harvey...I have heard back from Leons breeder and she may have a 7 year old bitch available...Elaine is interested so watch this space
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 03:58 PM
I have a two year old tri coloured English setter available if she wants one No only kidding, though he is pushing his luck at the moment!!! Hope Elaine finds her new baby to heal her heart after Tyler
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
I have a two year old tri coloured English setter available if she wants one No only kidding, though he is pushing his luck at the moment!!! Hope Elaine finds her new baby to heal her heart after Tyler
Thanks Claire..we're still waiting to hear so fingers crossed. I know you're only kidding but she would bite your arm off for a darling like him
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Thanks Claire..we're still waiting to hear so fingers crossed. I know you're only kidding but she would bite your arm off for a darling like him
Yes I have a few people who would love to have him, which is why I could never board him out (or Jamie for that matter) I would never get them back!!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Yes I have a few people who would love to have him, which is why I could never board him out (or Jamie for that matter) I would never get them back!!
Another plan foiled!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Another plan foiled!
Now Pat if you had asked to board him I may be persuaded... not sure the Missy-chief would like it though, she could probably knock him into shape!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Thanks Harvey...I have heard back from Leons breeder and she may have a 7 year old bitch available...Elaine is interested so watch this space
Fingers crossed for her.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Fingers crossed for her.
Thanks Jackie..it's all gone a bit quiet at the moment but thats good, Elaine definately would like to give her a home, obviously the breeders want to make sure they are making the right decision.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >