Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2010, 07:11 PM

Having to do walkies around the streets now

last night a friend was out with her dog.(staffie) when she was approached by some tall man wrapped up against the cold. he had a can of beer in 1 hand. and all she could see was something shiny in his other hand. all he kept saying was "im going to get you" she legged it. and came on our doorstep. normally i walk with her but i had a doctors appointment. so i was late home. but charlie walked her home (with ben who can be rather vocal at times) the man who had followed her to the end of the road. he had gone.
but shes reported it to the police who said they will patrol the field and keep an eye out.
this area is well used by everyone. and it takes 1 person to ruin it. just hope they get him. so until then its walkies around the roads and no off lead runs.
which will please our local council as they are trying to stop off lead walks. with a fine if caught. ok clamp down on the non poo picker uppers. but if a dog is behaving why fine us???
basildon council cant stand them. wouldnt surprise me if in the future we hear about corruption so many greased palms around this town
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2010, 08:59 PM
So sorry to hear this

I think you should get a tracking lead. That way your dog can still have a run around, but you still have the security of him being at the end of the lead.