Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 04:18 PM

Did she see a ghost?

We were at the coast today and met my daughter at Tyneham. Have you heard of it - little village which the army have taken over because it's in the middle of the Lulworth ranges, so it's a ghost village.

Whilst we were waiting we were mooching about and went past the church/churchyard. Dinah, who never barks, gave a warning growl and her hackles went up. She was very spooked - there was nothing there and no shadows, branches blowing or anything that we could see.

Wonder what she thought she saw - and why she had to bark at it?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Maybe she did or maybe she just sensed something. You never know do you not for certain and if I did see a ghost I wouldn't hang around long enough to say so
doglover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 04:51 PM
maybe she sensed something was there. u never know wot dogs can sense with thier strong sense of smell do u? if i was there i'd want to investigate
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

29-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Very Creepy DM! I kno I'm mad but I would have 'borrowed' someone elses dog to see if they did the same... and if they did then that would have been spooky
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2005, 07:09 PM
I think she probably smelled the decay in the ground, who we gonna call Ghoststaffords, I have seen my own dogs appear to stare at something in my home, I can see absolutely nothing, possibly they see more than we do, they certainly sense more than most humans.
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Housedog
I think she probably smelled the decay in the ground, who we gonna call Ghoststaffords, I have seen my own dogs appear to stare at something in my home, I can see absolutely nothing, possibly they see more than we do, they certainly sense more than most humans.
Yep - maybe so HD
A place locked in time and although there are lots of visitors there is no permanent life there.

"More things in heaven and earth etc etc "