Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2009, 06:57 PM

Christmas Bonus

Thought i would share my good news with you all, i have been given today £50 in high street vouchers from work for my recent hard work i have put in over the last few months.

I was very surprised and very gratefull so this weekend can go and have a spend up. I work for a government department and they not at all generous at giving rewards away so i am very lucky.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2009, 07:14 PM
So pleased for you, I'm sure you more than deserve it.

I'm interested in you getting vouchers.
My DiL was looking forward to a nice big Christmas bonus but when it came, in cash, a huge chunk had been taken in tax.
Is vouchers the way around this does anyone know?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by kobebear View Post
I work for a government department and they not at all generous at giving rewards away so i am very lucky.
I am sure you deserve your bonus and I hope you enjoy your shopping trip, little ' thank you's' like this help with moral so much. Sad to say that it doesn't look like any government workers will get a bonus next year.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I'm interested in you getting vouchers.
My DiL was looking forward to a nice big Christmas bonus but when it came, in cash, a huge chunk had been taken in tax.
Is vouchers the way around this does anyone know?
I think they are treated differently to a cash bonus Jenny but I don't know enough about the tax implications to expand. I do know that if your company gives you shares (and you immediately sell them) it is treated as a 'capital' gain and taxed much lower than an 'income' gain.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Well done! I was given £25 in Boots vouchers today for helping in a workshop day for the local high school. It's certainly a nice gesture and even more so before Xmas.

Enjoy your bonus and make sure you treat yourself!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2009, 06:10 AM
Delighted for you hon. Well done

Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2009, 08:21 AM
Ohh thats great!
Treat yourself!!
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2009, 09:36 AM
That is great news xxxxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2009, 10:46 AM
That's great Treat yourself x
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2009, 05:56 PM
I work for a government department and we get diddly squat for xmas!!!! Not even a flexi time credit to be able to have a team christmas party or lunch in!!! I guess i dont mind not getting anything but the public that we work for get given a £10 xmas bonus and last year they got an additional £60 xmas bonus. Now that is what you call a slap in the face and it decimates moral every year where i work!!!
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
I work for a government department and we get diddly squat for xmas!!!! Not even a flexi time credit to be able to have a team christmas party or lunch in!!! I guess i dont mind not getting anything but the public that we work for get given a £10 xmas bonus and last year they got an additional £60 xmas bonus. Now that is what you call a slap in the face and it decimates moral every year where i work!!!
Thats not good, we get 1/2 day flexi credit for team party and a priveledge day as well. Like me if you work for a government department doesnt look like we will be getting anything according to the budget thats coming but at least we still have a job and thats the most important thing at the moment, our place are offering voluntary early severence but its just not worth it in this recession to try and get another job.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >