Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 09:42 PM

If you were almost 25 would you...

Date an 18 year old?

It's all ok 'til I remember his age then I think, oh my word, what are you doing????

Also just broke up with my b/f of 5 years like a month ago so maybe a bit quick, but how long do you leave these things? Have some time out or get straight back into the swing of it, i'm just in a bit of a muddle really I guess.

Oh and it was him pursuing me, just for the record.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 09:49 PM
go with the flow, that has always been my motto
ATD x
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 09:53 PM
It depends what you want out of it Kel.

I went out with a 19 year old when I was 29 (and having just come out of a long term relationship).

As a non-serious relationship it would've been great - it does boosts your confidence and lets you let your hair down.
But he persuaded me to get more serious and against my better judgement we moved in together. It was all a bit of a disaster after that.

There were some other drawbacks (probably particular to my circumstances) - e.g. I have to confess to being embarrassed about taking him to official work functions - not because of his age, but it was at those does that I realised how imature he was and he wasn't comfortable mixing with older people.

But overall - do I regret dating him - no it was fun..do I regret living with him - yes, it was a big mistake.

Not sure if that helps or not
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Thank guys

He is actually very mature for his age Fiona in most repects, I have known him for just over a year as friends, he mostly mixes with older people and infact, most people are very surprised to realise he's only 18, I guess when you really get to know him you can see where he is a little more immature but in a relationship sense, he's, erm, hmmm....not much experience.

Supposed it wouldn't do any harm to see, i'm just used to older guys, my ex was a LOT older too so it's even more of a shock to the system as I felt so young now I feel ollllllld.
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Yeah why not?! As long as you are both mentally the same age (gosh that sounds daft- but you know what i mean) then i dont see a problem.

My hubby is 10yrs my senior x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Life is for living, you are young get out there enjoy yourself and have fun. It may or may not last or come to anything but if it gives you happiness then go for it.
Age is just a number.
Stop worrying if its mean't to be it will be and if not you will have had a bit of fun on your journey through life.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Thank you both, well, i've nothing to lose as they say!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Go for it!
When I was 16, I was with a 24 year old (different when the guy is older, I know!).

I've dated guys the same age, and older guys, and they've all been immature!

I'm going on a date next week with a 21 year old (well, he's 22 the day after our date!) - and i'm 26 (nearly 27)
He's definitely more mature than the 30 year old I was with!

I think it depends on the individual person, and how they choose to live their life!

p.s. I've only recently broke up with my b/f of a year, and going on this date next week!
I'm the same - how long are you supposed to leave it?!
Go out and have fun, and if you both click, then thats great
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Go for it.

A friend of mine was worried about dating a 20 year old when she was 30-----she went anyway and after 6mths mentioned that he was very responsible for an 18 year old (G)! They are still together and she is now nearly 50.

rune
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Go for it! If you need a little fun and a boost to moral then sounds fun to me
It might work, it might not - but if you are having fun then you aint harming anyone
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »