Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Natalia_leigh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2009, 08:38 AM

Puppy weeing the bed?

Hi i look after a weimaraner puppy everyday and sometimes over night if we have her over night my partner stays up with her to make sure she's still being toilet trained but everytime she wee's in her sleep in her bed! Ive never known this in a puppy and was just wondering does this happen often with puppies? I know dog's are usually very clean with their beds!
Thanks
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2009, 09:10 AM
How old is this puppy? Male or Female?

Puppies haven't got big bladders or bowels, and will need to go, when they need to... If they're not taken out to do their business, they'll be messing in the house...

Crate training is good, as it teaches the pup to get clean... If you take the puppy out every five minutes, it's not going to teach it anything...

This all depends on the age of the puppy...
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi Natalie as Lene says it would help to know the age of the puppy..
Has she been spayed recently, has she had a season or is she due one .

If she is actually urinating in her sleep she needs checking for a urinary tract infection, she could also have a problem with her bladder.

It is important to make sure she is 'empty' last thing at night and as late as possible. Assuming she is fully vaccinated and able to go out and about it will help to take her a short walk preferable in an area frequented by other dogs, their scent will stimulate her to eliminate as will the exercise.
Natalia_leigh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2009, 12:59 PM
she's 14 weeks female and we put her out when she wakes up and starts to have a sniff and she also has a late night walkto make sure she's empty as ive been through the puppy thing a few times now so i know they're like babies when they need to go they have to go werever it is!

Yea as i said it is while she's asleep she's just weeing that's so incase it's what you've said ill get her booked into the vets i wasnt sure if it could just be something that happend with dogs sometimes.

Thanks for the help