Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 10:38 AM

evil **** of a dog and owner

Ive just got in from this mornings walk..had a lovely walk with my 2 and they had a great time and were well behaved.
As my walk involves no roads-i just literally walk over a pedestrianised bridge and onto the canal towpath- then we walk to a nearby nature reserve.
Well as i approached the bridge i have to go up and over to get to my house, i put my two on leads as there is a main road very close.
I first noticed a white parson under the bridge about 100 yds ahead...then i saw the 'owner' with a lurcher type on lead...he was calling his dog (it was called charlie..as i heard MANY times)
His dog had no intention of going back to him..i continued to walk forward slowly(bearing in mind i have 1 over friendly collie and a temperamental when on lead gsd)
Well the bl**dy owner walked up onto the bridge and continued to call his dog from up there ..he had definately seen me..so anyway the dog raced up to us and said hello to ripley, who did her usual roll on the back omg omg its another dog act , it then turned its attentions to sadie(at this point it had its fur on its back up and was very dominant in the manner it came over) it sniffed sadie, then before sadie could even sniff hello back, it launched at ripley(who was still laid down submissively ) and literally attacked her.

She didnt fight back and was rolled on her back the whole time..i kicked it off, but then of course it cam back(as terriers do) at sadie..it ended up underneath her, at first i clamped her mouth shut with the halter she was wearing, but when i realised this was leaving her defenceless and i could get this dog off her, i loosened the lead and she floored it within seconds and had it on its back with a grip around its neck.
Then i look and see the owner STILL ON THE BRIDGE!!!! shouting 'charlie' he then shouts 'do us a favour love and kick that ba****d in the cut'
Well my response wasnt great as you can imagine.
Well anyway i grabbed the dog by the scruff of the neck, as sadie still had hold, and sort of threw it in the direction of the bridge...it then ran to its owner who proceeded to hit the dog, and then carried on walking without putting it on a lead

Obviously all of it happened in a matter of seconds really..though it did feel like a looong time.
Even though sadie floored the dog, the dog didnt have a mark on him, whereas ripley has several puncture wounds..all on her underside as she didnt defend herself
and sadie has a puncture in her lip and under her neck as it was underneath her.

I am so annoyed and angry that my two well behaved and 100% under control dogs were subjected to this(not to mention probably THE most submissive and friendly dog anyone could wish to have), all because of an owner who didnt keep his dog on a lead.
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 10:48 AM
That is grim.
Hope your dogs are ok now.
Sadly, it seems that is the 'joys' of dog ownership these days - some people just don't care.
Poor you
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 10:52 AM
oh my goodness, i can imagine how horrible that was, sorry you had to go through that. how are they both now?
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Wow that is what nightmares are made of!!!! First of Hugs to you, Sadie and Ripley.
You were brave in getting in there with the dog, to pull it off. These situations are unbelievable and so annoying and upsetting on so many levels.
You did the best you could in the circumstances, except I would have been yelling obcenities at the owner
The hardest thing to do is to try to know you did the best you could in the situation, you can not control that stupid (and yes, I am being nice in calling him that) owner, sad for the dog, as its future is not looking very good or long at the rate of todays incident.
Give your two dogs a big pat up, make sure no infection gets going on Ripley's wounds.
If you see or know of the dog or owner maybe there is something you could do in getting the dog away from the owner, how should not have a bird let alone a dog
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 11:01 AM
well physically, their wounds are superficial.
Sadie isnt bothered in the slightest..she carried on walking normally and i know this wont overly bother her behaviour wise as sadly its happened before, but i know she is confident enough for it to not affect her too much.
Ripley is a different story..she almost crawled on her belly home, is very nervous and everytime i call her in the house she cowers and rolls over like she is scared of me...its as if she thinks either i hurt her or shes in trouble for it
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 11:02 AM
that sounds horrible! poor you, and poor ripley and sadie. some people are just so irresponsible hope you are all ok.
Smiles
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-11-2009, 11:46 AM
that is so awful. i hope your dogs recover well and get back to their normal happy selves.
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2009, 12:16 PM
How awful for you. Hope your dogs recover OK. Hope you are not too shaken up. xx
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2009, 12:16 PM
I really feel for you and your dogs, but also worry about the life that poor dog that attacked you has had- and will have!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 05:17 PM
so sorry to hear this, its a pet hate of mine, with a dog aggressive dog myself I hate when people just let theirs do as they please

Huge hugs to ripley poor wee soul.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >