Our sister sites
Our sister sites
freckles211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-11-2009, 08:17 PM

Panacur Which %?

Hi All

I need to get some Panacur Syrup for my puppy as he needs worming again next week. He has been wormed with Panacur before but i have looked & there are two different ones 2.5% & 10%.

Does anyone know what the difference is & which one i need? I also see that Drontil do a liquid puppy wormer but is it best for me to use Panacur as he has had that one before?

Any help appreciated

Many thanks

Amanda
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2009, 08:19 PM
I always use 10% but I have big dogs so the 10% suits me, I would need to pour 4 times more down there neck with the 2.5

I guess its just easier.

the % just indicates how much of the active ingredient there is in the liquid, this link will help, the higher the % the less you need to give
http://www.medi-vet.com/panacur.aspx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2009, 08:57 PM
I use the 10% and I wormed my puppies with the 10% as well. Panacur is the only one that gets absolutely everything
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I use the 10% and I wormed my puppies with the 10% as well. Panacur is the only one that gets absolutely everything
dito, Its great for pups, I use it on my pups when I breed. never had a bad reaction to it either,
freckles211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the explanation for the Panacur.

Just to add, i worm my 14yr Jack Russell & my 5x cats using Drontil. Am i right in saying that i can use Panacur for all of them? How often do i have to worm them with it? As i use Drontil every 6mths.

Many thanks
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2009, 09:55 PM
I use pancur on the cat,
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Heaven help you worming a cat
I am in the middle of worming my 2 at the moment and after the first dose Cariad disappeared into the kennel and I just managed to get the 2nd into her, the 3rd dose ended up with me on my hands and knees at the back of the kennel with her in a headlock whilst I was administering it!!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Heaven help you worming a cat
I am in the middle of worming my 2 at the moment and after the first dose Cariad disappeared into the kennel and I just managed to get the 2nd into her, the 3rd dose ended up with me on my hands and knees at the back of the kennel with her in a headlock whilst I was administering it!!!
I just stick it in a bit of cream, job done, scoffed.

but if I do have to do anything to kobie hes really good about it, {brain damaged im sure}

he was ill not long ago, the vet said hes the only cat hes had that purred with a thermometer up his ass...
that was the day I learned cats have two sphincters nuff said. my cats a wierdo
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
he was ill not long ago, the vet said hes the only cat hes had that purred with a thermometer up his ass...
I had one like that once! My first Siamese. Was very handy when she was due to kitten, as I was able to monitor her temperature and could see when the temp dropped. My subsequent cats? Fergeddit.... unless I really really wanted a trip to A&E!

I use Panacur too as it will do my dog and my cats. The higher % means you can get a small syringe and squirt it down a cat's throat if all else fails... they need very little of the higer %.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2009, 10:28 PM
I am using a syringe and doing it over 3 days, they are wise to me on day 2.....can you get syringes that are more than 5ml, that is the main problem I need a 15 ml syringe
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >