Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2009, 08:36 AM

New boyfriend and the dogs......

Well Rob will have moved in two weeks ago this coming Sunday.

He's not a 'doggy' person, well not as much as us lot, and has never had one before, but I am amazed.

I told him before he moved in I didn't expect him to do anything with them he didn't want to as they are mine..... plus he's not good with poops and stuff lol

But......

He's fed them everyday when I am at work.

Got up early when it is my day off to let them out and clean up any mess so I can have a lie in.

Has taken them for lovely long walks, without me asking, come rain or shine, poop bags in hand

And when it's bedtime, he's up before me to let them out and give them their bedtime biscuit.

Because of all this, I now find my boys snuggled up next to him on the couch, or sitting at his feet in his study.

Dogs can be so fickle lol

But I think I've got a keeper in Rob
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2009, 08:38 AM
he sounds like hes really enjoying the company of dogs,

wait for it, he may want to add to your little pack in the future lol
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2009, 09:00 AM
I`m glad your dogs have house-trained your new resident so quickly. Hang on to him. My mum said you can tell what blokes are truly like by the way they treat animals and children.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2009, 09:33 AM
All the best.

I always worked on the theory that ''if my dogs don't like you I don't''

Well done Rob
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Well done to the dogs for getting him so well trained! Really pleased that it's all working out well for you!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
My mum said you can tell what blokes are truly like by the way they treat animals and children.
My Mum had that saying too, 'tho she used to say 'people' seeing as I am a 'bloke'

I think it's very true and it saddens me the way Brits will happily go abroad to countries where almost everyone is at best uncaring about dogs and worst plain cruel. A few civilised countries are Ok but the plain fact is that most are not. They treat their anilmals like they treat their fellow humans (Assuming they are not familly or the same religion)

Still, this thread is about Becky and her good luck in finding someone to share her life and who it seems is able to appreciate the benefits of having a dog in the pack.

Becky, don't forget to tell him about the stress relieving benefits of stroking the dogs, proved time after time and the subject of at least one post graduate thesis every couple of years
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2009, 11:57 AM
He sounds like the perfect boyfriend! He probably didn't realise how much fun dogs can be as he's had little to do with them.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Oh so good to hear, nothing like the dogs training him so quickly, he sounds like he might be a keeper
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2009, 12:17 PM
He sounds just perfect, how can he not love your doggies!
bingowings
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-10-2009, 01:32 PM
People never know what it is like to live with a dog until they've tried it. It seems that he'll turn out to be as much of a 'doggy' person as all of us!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >