Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 07:30 PM

Where do you buy your food?

As per the title really - where do you buy your dog food?

I primarily mean instore or online really as i've been looking at buying Monty's online since we've moved him onto to JWB but I can't find it cheaper online than my local distributor which is just over the road from my work.

So do you buy yours instore or online and if so where do you buy from?
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 07:52 PM
I get my cat food and some dogs things at Medicanimal on line and they seem to be about the cheapest. Free postage for order over £29. Petmeds is quite good too.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-10-2009, 07:56 PM
I usually buy Finn's AG Fish & Potato from VetUK as it is about £9 cheaper than our local pet shop Star does not eat as much as Finn so I usually buy smaller bags from the local pet shop.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by elmac13 View Post
I get my cat food and some dogs things at Medicanimal on line and they seem to be about the cheapest. Free postage for order over £29. Petmeds is quite good too.
I've not heard of those two so will take a look in a minute! Cheers for the info!

Originally Posted by Carole View Post
I usually buy Finn's AG Fish & Potato from VetUK as it is about £9 cheaper than our local pet shop Star does not eat as much as Finn so I usually buy smaller bags from the local pet shop.
My local distributor is about £9 cheaper too but I have to ring them to order it in specially.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 08:22 PM
My James Wellbeloved I get from my work. 20% staff discount, so that makes the cost far more reasonable.

The Skinners my Lab eats I get via my local pet shop or I order it from the wholesalers via my work. It is same price for me either way so I do whatever is most convenient.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Oh woopsie, you wanted online suppliers. VetUK seems pretty good from what I have seen. I use Pet Meds.co.uk and their food prices are usually a bit cheaper than the shops, too. If I couldn't get food via my work I'd probably order from there.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Oh woopsie, you wanted online suppliers. VetUK seems pretty good from what I have seen. I use Pet Meds.co.uk and their food prices are usually a bit cheaper than the shops, too. If I couldn't get food via my work I'd probably order from there.
Thanks for the info! Wasn't necessarily looking just for online names, i was just intrigued that it seems to be that dog food is the only thing you can get cheaper offline - usually it's the other way round for most products!
Briard Lover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2009, 09:31 PM
We get Hill's Prescription Diet WD from PetMeds a lot cheaper than getting it from the Vets.
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Years ago, there was a place that had Pro Plan on line cheaper than the Pet stores. tux was on Iams and much of it came from Wal*Mart. The markup on the common brands is too low to ever save enough to cover the shipping.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 09:57 PM
I buy it from Pets at home (Instore) I feed him on Wainwrights, so I can only get it from them x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >