Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
John Bull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-10-2009, 05:41 PM

Ticks

These nasty little parasites are a scourge to all animals.
Some animals, particularly small ones can become so infested with these obnoxious insects that it becomes life threatening. I have seen a hedgehog covered in them.

What is the life cycle of a tick ? It seems to be from a few months to 2 years dependent on the species.

Is there a tick season ? Are we at risk in the Winter or do they still practice their vile trade all year round ?

How do YOU treat your dog or cat when it gets a tick ?

If I try to dislodge the little beasts, all I succeed in doing is pulling the body off and leaving the head in the flesh. This then infects and the wound lasts for weeks.
John Bull
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
These nasty little parasites are a scourge to all animals.
Some animals, particularly small ones can become so infested with these obnoxious insects that it becomes life threatening. I have seen a hedgehog covered in them.

What is the life cycle of a tick ? It seems to be from a few months to 2 years dependent on the species.

Is there a tick season ? Are we at risk in the Winter or do they still practice their vile trade all year round ?

How do YOU treat your dog or cat when it gets a tick ?

If I try to dislodge the little beasts, all I succeed in doing is pulling the body off and leaving the head in the flesh. This then infects and the wound lasts for weeks.
John Bull
hi john
there is a fairly recent thread on here about these 'critters'
needless to say tho,you shouldnt be removing the tick and leaving the head in, i use one of these.
http://store.everestgear.com/eqtic101.html