View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2009, 01:10 PM

I am so cross!!! School should know better!!

My 10 year old son and his friend googled their own names and found a website that listed their names, school and classes in a list of children that were not achieving the national average in numeracy. This site goes back a couple of years so the info has been on there a while! The site links into the school website. I am horrified! My child is supposed to be protected at school. Now don't get me wrong I understand the need to look at information and learn from it but to list full names etc......are they mad!! Of course the school are shocked how could this happen, the head teacher had no knowledge of the site???? It has been removed now but if this was me as a nurse?? I would be hauled in front of every governing body going.

Not sure of my next move as the school won't give me details of the company etc to lodge a formal complaint they will do it for me if I want it done, yeah more like sweep it under the carpet and hope it will go away!!!

Rant over
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Off to google my kids names!!!!!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Nope...no sign of either of them..

I woudln't let it lie..

Write to the Head Teacher demanding it be taken further..and CC it to the Director of Education

Remember and write at the bottom..

I await your reply or something similar..
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Nope...no sign of either of them..

I woudln't let it lie..

Write to the Head Teacher demanding it be taken further..and CC it to the Director of Education

Remember and write at the bottom..

I await your reply or something similar..
I am glad to hear it Luckily I printed the pages last night for evidence as I knew as soon as the school heard about it they would try to hush it! I will write to those and perhaps the board of govenors for the school too (as one of their children is also on the list). The head just said times have changed in the last couple of years, I believe the Children's Act and Data Protection Act were both in place before my son was born!!!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 04:10 PM
That's really awful - I would be bl**dy fuming - so much for the data protection act.
off to google my kids now too.
Donny dog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-09-2009, 07:37 PM
How bloody worrying is this?

In a day where we should be promoting safeguarding all children and young people, this is just a perfect example of how children's rights are violated.

Get in touch with your childrens' schools and tell them your concerns.

Very concerning!!!!!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Hi Ali,

If I would you I'd make it public knowledge - not about your Son's results but what the school has done. There's no way the Head dind't know. After all, where did the info come from to begin with?!

It would be worth your formally complaining to the Head, the governors of the school, the Chief Education Officer and if there is an ombudsman for education, then them also. Also, contatc your local MP, MEP and Education Mnister (whoever that is?!).

Don't let it lie. This is disgusting behaviour from the school.

Laura xx