Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tye_Bo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2009, 09:49 AM

I'm being reported for not picking poo up

Gahhh I'm blinking annoyed. I was walking a dog this morning and he went to the loo on the pavement and I picked up it up after him. It wasn't the hardest poo you've ever seen (sorry, too much information) so after picking up the poo, I put my finger back in the bag to scrape it across the pavement as it had left a small mark where he'd 'been'. Allowing for the fact the pavement has dimples and divets in it, despite my best efforts it did leave a small poo stain.

I walked on and about 30 seconds later an irrate bloke started shouting me asking when I was going to clean up after my dog. He was stood there in his slippers so I take it he'd just come out of his house. I said I had cleaned it up and showed him the bag. He said that I hadn't cleaned it up and starting ranting and raving at me that if didn't get back here to pick this poo up he was going to report me.

He was still ranting and raving at me as I was walking down the street. He said he's got witnesses and he's reporting it to the police (or council?!) etc etc. I'm really upset about it, I always pick up poo, always, he could see I had picked it up but yes it had left a tiny stain in the gravel? Can I still get in trouble for this?
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Sorry to hear this, that man is an idiot, hopefully it wont go any further and he wont even report you.
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2009, 10:04 AM
You've done your best to pick it up. Its not ideal when dogs poo on the pavement, but when its sloppy, you can only do your best.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Some people seem to take the poo pick up too far, he was obviously not experienced in poo picking up, hopefully he got his bad mood out of his system and gets back into bed and hop out the otherside. You just can't fight with stupid.
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2009, 10:10 AM
What a prat.
Some people have nothing to do but moan.
Tye_Bo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Thanks all. It wasn't even sloppy as such its just not hard so left a small mark. Just worried now
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Someone complained to the dog warden that someone hadn't cleaned up after their dog when it had had a wee so there are some very petty minded people out there!
Becky
Stamford1
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-09-2009, 10:36 AM
I would have stuck his nose in the bag to prove I'd picked it up, obviousley got out of bed the wrong side !
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 10:45 AM
I`d be tempted to take the (full) bag up to be logged as evidence...
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 11:11 AM
I wouldn't worry. He sounds like a typical old nutter with a bee in his bonnet. The type that sits by the front window all day on the off chance something happens that they can go and complain about. We have a couple of those 'types' near me.

I once had an old woman scorn at me and tell me that I was being disgusting and irresponsible because one of my dogs marked a tree on public land outside her house.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »