View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 12:38 PM

Our Very first show today Zena (gsd puppy)

Well I did it! I couldn't fault her, all those people, all those dogs, she didn't bark ONCE at any of them, she behaved just like the little star that she is (Georgie was a right pain, whinging and whining!!!!).

I entered the best puppy class and it wasn't my mate the dog warden judging (so we didn't win!), BUT we did come 5th out of a class of over 20 peops and it's only a fun show, but it's given me so much incentive to take this further, I just loved it, and Zena was perfection, but then I didn't expect any less of her!!!!

We're off to do our triangle, but having never been in a ring before in my life, nor Zena, we c*cked that up, but never mind!

Standing in line...... forever!!!

and forever.....

and forevermore....

Just like Esmed said, we were in there aaaages in all that heat, whilst she called us forward, checked them over, teeth and everything, then we did a triangle on our own, then lined up again, and then when we had to walk to the corner and back on our own again,Zena,excelled herself, he head was stuck to my left leg like glue up and back, but my friend never got that piccy!!!

We have a lovely pink rosette, 5th is good, very good for a first time in the ring, and if I had actually RUN instead of walking for my triangle my friend said I probably would have won!

Thanks for looking at my lovely morning having fun!

In case you're wondering, 2 leads yes, coz she has a knack of slipping her collar, and pulls like a train on the harness, so I had double security coz there's a road right nearby!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Well done, you'll find the more you do and the more confident you become that you will be addicted to showing.

My dogs always thoroughly enjoyed themselves in the ring, which made it such a pleasure for me to be able to show them off.

She looks stunning by the way xx
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Well done! Tho i think you were robbed, lol! She looks very well behaved in those pics and she is gorgeous!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Well done, you'll find the more you do and the more confident you become that you will be addicted to showing.

My dogs always thoroughly enjoyed themselves in the ring, which made it such a pleasure for me to be able to show them off.

She looks stunning by the way xx
Thanks Sheree, it made my day, made my year quite honestly the way she behaved impeccably throughout considering she's never seen so many peops and dogs all in one place!!

Sadly, I can't show her can I, except at these fun things coz she's a longcoat, but it's all good experience for if ever I want to take up the obedience, plus of course, it teaches her how to behave in large crowds (unlike Georgie who doesn't care!!! Bless him!)

Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Well done! Tho i think you were robbed, lol! She looks very well behaved in those pics and she is gorgeous!
Thanks honeysmummy! I think so too, and that dog warden lied to me when he said he would be judging didn't he!!! My friend said it was my triangle that let me down, coz although she was right by my side, I should have made her trot (apparently! ) Why didn't somebody tell me that then before I went in there! Lol! I know nothing about these things, never done it before!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Well done H, looks like you had a fab time and well done to my "Crazy Ears" what a clever girl!

(I think you were robbed too )
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 01:45 PM
She is looking lovely and so grown up xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I should have made her trot (apparently! ) Why didn't somebody tell me that then before I went in there! Lol! I know nothing about these things, never done it before!
Well done H and the loveely Zena of course and you now know 100 times more than I do about 'showing' I think 5th. is good for your first effort.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 01:59 PM
I would have put Zena first in every class She looks fab H.

Glad you enjoyed your first showing experience!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Well done both of you! She looked absolutely fabulous!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I would have put Zena first in every class She looks fab H.

Glad you enjoyed your first showing experience!
Oh so would I Kirsty!!! There was stiff competition, by way of a big fluffy 4 month old newfie, a super little poodle, and she liked that staffie! ONe day, one day, we'll be getting a rosette with a "1st" on it, you just wait and see!!!
Btw, I will have something very special to show you in a couple of days!!! I had my piccy taken by the professional photographer there, and I'm afraid, it looks the spitten image of the one you had taken with dear Flame many years ago, although the background scenery is different, the picture looks the same, except my dark hair!! I will pot it up when he mails it to me coz I didn't want him to post it in a frame, I want it quick you see!!! You wait, you won't believe the piccy!!!!

Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Well done H, looks like you had a fab time and well done to my "Crazy Ears" what a clever girl!

(I think you were robbed too )
Undoubtedly, she should have won!!!! Those crazy ears alone should have made her win it!!!! Thanks VV.xxx

Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
She is looking lovely and so grown up xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks werewolf! I met the vet nurse who I did my puppy training with and she was gobsmacked at how huuuge Zena is now, and she was also very pleased to see how well behaved she is too, AND, she also left that other dog training club because she didn't like their training methods, i.e. a water pistol and a noisy can!! She was quite horrified and left!!! It wasn't just me then??!!!

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Well done H and the loveely Zena of course and you now know 100 times more than I do about 'showing' I think 5th. is good for your first effort.
It is H, it is, it's blooming brilliant out of a class with over 20 cute little puppies in it!!! Especially as said handler didn't have a clue what she was doing, so Zena got 5th purely by her good looks and her impeccable behaviour!

Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Well done both of you! She looked absolutely fabulous!
Thanks CC, I have an ever better piccy I'm waiting for, taken by the professional photographer there! It's so good in fact, he let me off £2 asking me if he could use it as his "demo" pic, to which I agreed of course!!! She's a little stunner now she really is, and I'm over the moon that nothing phased her today either, all those people, all those dogs
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »