Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
logan44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-08-2009, 10:54 PM

Flipping midges

Has anyone else got this problem, i have been bitten to death by these horrible things, almost everyone i talk too seem to say the same , my friend ended up at the hospital with a swollen eye it was all closed over, and her arm swollen up three times the size she looked like she,d gone 3 rounds with mike tyson.
They are driving me mad lol , must get some insect repellant .
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 07:26 AM
This year does seem to be bad for them. Didn't know you got the biting midges in England though, I thought it was just ours that were ferocious wee beasties!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 07:47 AM
I am the same, my arm is in a right mess, as is my leg, huge blisters and the swelling and redness is awful. I was quite ill last night. all shivery and felt quite unwell. I get this every year but it seems to be getting worse, the reaction I mean, you would think that my body would be used to them by now. The blister on my leg was so big last night I could hardly bend my knee!!!

x
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 10:08 AM
You should try 'Skin So Soft' from Avon, I have been told it is good at keeping the midges away.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Well I tried Avon's skin so soft last year in Scotland and it didnt work for me. I have just been out and bought Vitamin B1 as I have been told that they don't like this as it is excreted onto our skin which in turn repels them...will let you know
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Well I tried Avon's skin so soft last year in Scotland and it didnt work for me. I have just been out and bought Vitamin B1 as I have been told that they don't like this as it is excreted onto our skin which in turn repels them...will let you know
I've been told garlic, works on fleas so should work on midges I hate them, even talking about them makes me itchy!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
I've been told garlic, works on fleas so should work on midges I hate them, even talking about them makes me itchy!
I;ll give it a go, at this rate I will be rattling and stinking to high Heaven, but if it works it's worth it.

x
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-08-2009, 12:29 PM
We get them !

Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
We get them !

and how do you manage to drink your drink or do you just tease yourself with it?

Elaine - are yours mosiquito bites rather than midgies?
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
and how do you manage to drink your drink or do you just tease yourself with it?

Elaine - are yours mosiquito bites rather than midgies?
yea I think so, thing is I don't feel it when they get me, it's about an hour later I feel the itch, then all hell breaks loose...little swines
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >