Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 10:17 AM

The latest Bongo Fury abode...

Thought you may like a tour of my house now that it's (almost) finished! Posting this a bit later than other forums (not sure why! ) - so some of you on Yop! may have seen it already!

1. Here's the view from the front of the house - yes - there's a quarry - interesting but slightly noisy feature! ;D

2. This is the left (as you walk in) side of the front yard (excuse Teresa ;D) We're hoping to home Wil with other ducks soon - as I hate him being alone and so far have had no luck finding him friends Will keep trying though. We're going to build a large extension on his run if we don't rehome him though, or let him have free reign of the yard.

3. Left side front of house (and yes BTW, that is our car ;D - it's not taxed or insured at the moment though, until Karl passes his test).

4. Right side front of house - the barn at the side is ours too.

5. No decent pics of the conservatory/porch thing I'm afraid, but we have a nice pot plant and a sofa in there. Then the door to the main house.

6. This is the entrance hall with stairs and cabinet thing behind the door. Door on the left is to study/dining room and lounge - door to the right is kitchen.

7. This is the view behind the above picture - the other side of the hall.

8. Kitchen - several photos of. 2 washing machines... only one works. Hoping to take out the one that doesn't, put the fridge there and then get a freezer for where the fridge is currently. This is our normal dining area too - as I think it's more sociable.

(Door goes to back garden)

9. From there, back garden... We have some lovely flowers, but it needs a lot of weeding - and the rat shed is still very much a work in progress.

(rat shed)

10. Aaaanyway - back through the kitchen and hall - and through to the study/formal dining room. Door is to lounge.

11. Lounge. Love this lounge, it's so comfy and cosy... that's one of the great things about this house, we have so much space! ;D Real fireplace, and that big sideboard is to die for!

12. Back through the two rooms to the hall and up the stairs... Apparently I didn't take pics of the bathroom - but if you look at the first pic of the hall you can see a door halfway up the stairs - that's the bathroom door. It's a very ordinary bathroom. Separate bath and shower and a toilet and washbasin. Boring really. You can see the stairs curve round, then we have the landing...

13. First bedroom is the door right next to the banister post. We didn't take pics - can't even get in there really at the moment, it's full of unpacked 80's toys! that leads through to another huge double room. That's where the rats are until the shed is sorted. When all that's done, the two end rooms will be 80's rooms + spare rooms. We have the double bed in the big room and a double pull out sofa bed in the little room. Anyway - in the middle of the landing is our room - the smallest double room, but we liked the cupboards in there better than the others

(and this is on my door! )

14. Then at the far end of the landing is the guest bedroom. It's lovely <3 Karl's parents also said it was very comfortable

Hope you enjoyed looking at it - it's like an episode of cribs! Without all the money :laugh: :laugh:

Would love to see other people's houses, if they can be bothered.

xx
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Very nice Laura but where are the rats?
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 04:14 PM
they are currently in the other spare room (that will be the 80's room) - while I finish doing the roof in their shed. It's not a bad shed, but the roof needed work before I was happy for them to go out there. It's nearly done!

xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Looks fab, darling - you sound like you're both very happy there, too, and that's the main thing
x0x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 06:33 PM
All looks very cosy

I'm thinking of booking the guest room
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 05:57 AM
Nice big house, love it.

Hope your both happy there......as I am sure you are.

Thanks for sharing xxxxxxxxxx