Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ali79
New Member!
Female 

24-07-2009, 12:42 PM

Advice Needed.

We Are Now On Day 12 Of Our Girls Heat Cycle, Today Her Discharge Has Changed To A Brown Colour Going Lighter But The Male Is Still Not Intersted, Now And Again She Mount Him.
She Is 2.5 Years And This Is The First Time We Have Tried To Mate Her, The Male Has Had 1 Previous Litter,
Is It Possible That We Have Left It Too Late? We Have Had The Male Since She Was On Day 7 .
Now And Again The Male Will Sniff Her Then Walk Away?
Any Advice Would Be Great.
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-07-2009, 11:45 PM
You say that your bitch is on the 12th day of her season,usually with the larger breeds (not always) they are more likely to stand between the 14th and 17th days;not all bitches have a 21 day season,I had a Borzoi who had 28 day seasons and did not stand until the 17th-18th days. Also you say that the male has sired a previous litter, how old was the bitch he mated? How old is he? I think that you will find that they will choose the right moment,usually you find that the bitch will be ready when she showing virtually no colour,saying that they are all different. Did you breed her? If not have you asked for advice from her breeder? Good luck,I used to show a Newfie and they are very special.
ali79
New Member!
Female 

25-07-2009, 05:15 AM
no we didnt breed her, spoke to the breeder but didnt get any help the previous litter he sired was to a 2 year old maidan bitch, we are on day 13 she had stopped bleeding and no discharge but neither intersted?
thanks
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Could be all sorts of things. Was his last bitch one he visited as a lot of stud dogs are used to being at home. Most bitches will only stand when it is the right time. For most of her season my bitch will try to kill any male who tries it on but for a couple of days about 14 & 15 she is desperate for it climbing on the dog & backing into him with her tail right up etc. Dogs are diffeent too. I had one stud dog who would only mate if he flirted first & the bitch was running free. Another always liked the bitch held Do you know what the procedure was last time.