Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2009, 08:22 AM

Postmen to get doggie MACE !

Daily Record today, post men have to be issued with a dog deterent style mace spray, which stuns pooches for 20 minutes, unbelievable ! the post men up my way are a$$ holes who will take total advantage of this stuff
collies4ever
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Unbelievable
If any postie up here was to spray this at my 2, I wouldn't want to say where I'd spray at him!! That shouldn't be allowed at all.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-07-2009, 08:29 AM
We're lucky that our postie is very nice and always has dog biccies with him but the thought that another not so nice postie could harm my dog is awful.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2009, 08:32 AM
My dogs would not be running loose anywhere near postmen TBH.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2009, 08:33 AM
My posties a total numpty, has wound Inka up to the stage he hates him, now that wasn't Inkas fault, my next door nieghbor is witness to the amount of times I have had words with this man, and others he takes on his run, do the postal service not consider these guys could well be making up dog attack stories cause they don't like the run they're put on, I'm flipping raging about this !
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2009, 08:36 AM
CD I have 2 bolts top and bottom on my front gate for the reason that if the dogs are in the front garden no one can get in without me knowing so the dogs wouldn't be able to get to the postman either, I also have a post box rather than letter box so Inka doesn't get wound up by this guy, now I have taken all the precautions so that the dogs and anyone else will be safe, but to arm these guys with Mace is just ridiculous !
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2009, 08:38 AM
We're lucky with our posties. But then our letter box is on the wall so he never has to post through a door. Much better as the dogs just sit and watch him through the window.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2009, 08:40 AM
OMG! That is terrible.

I am definitely writing to Royal Mail now... I've been planning to for a while.

I spent months working on Takara's issue with postmen and couldn't understand why it wasn't improving. Then one day, whilst trying to work with her while the post came I realised the postman wasn't coming, putting the post through and leaving - he was posting the letters, then winding her up through the letter box - even when I was there!

And then they have the damned cheek to blame me for my dog's behaviour!!

Edit to add: We did order a wall mounted letter box but it never arrived. We have a lock on the gate for if the dogs are out and I'm about to start taking other precautions now that I'm off work and have time to sort it out - sadly, no money - but time.

I can't even keep the dogs in until the postie's been or bring them in around the time the postie comes because there is no pattern whatsoever to their timing!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Far to open to abuse by issuing these. I bet some postie will spray it through the letter box and if they did that to any of mine then they'd get a shot of it where the sun don't shine!
Becky
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-07-2009, 08:41 AM
My dog isn't running loose, but she does like to look out the gate at the side of the house near the front door and will bark at strangers.

I agree though that any sensible people will not have their dogs running loose. The farmer on the other side of the road allows this and his are very aggressive dogs. Our postie refuses to get out there and will chuck the post out the window. I can't blame him, I don't walk Maggie down there for fear of meeting these dogs.
I'm not sure our postman would feel comfortable using mace on those dogs though.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »