Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 01:55 PM

Haircut quandry - what would you do?

Guys

I've been having my haircut at the same salon for a year now. It took the stylist a while to learn how to cut it right and whilst it's never been as good as the old place (we moved and she left) it's been OK. I have a good relationship with her and she's happy to hear what I want. She also did a great job of my hair for my wedding.

The trouble is lately, just as we've finally got the cut and the colour right she's starting doing it slightly different each time. I had to go back after the last colour to get more blonde and the time before that to have some more weight taken out. This time though it's the worst!! She's cut it much too short and has done something different to the layers so that my naturally curly hair now pings up by my ears!! One side is also definitely a little shorter than the other. By her own admission she just ''decides there and then how to do it!!''

So, do I call and explain that it is not right and see what they suggest or do I go elsewhere from now on and hope I find someone who knows how to cut curly hair!! I have already been back once but it's still not right.

The downside of calling is that I risk embarrassment and confrontation, but going elsewhere means it could end up being even worse as you really need to know my hair to know what to do with it!

What would you do?

Pidge, missing having nice hair like this:

Instead of like this:

honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Dunno mate! Sorry i dont have curly hair! But I havent been to a decent hairdresser for years....since not being able to afford the posh salons!! They never seem to do what you ask for do they?

My hair always looks best when I dont go to the hairdressers!!!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Mine was looking the best ever until last Tue!!!! It just needed a trim and now it's wrecked!!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 02:19 PM
I would ring them up and say you're not happy with it...

I've done it, and it's not the nicest thing to do You said you risk embarrassment and confrontation, but you're the one walking around with wonky hair!!

If you think it's uneven etc, then make sure you tell them that is the problem. If the stylist 'makes it up', that's a worry... if she isn't confident enough to do your hair, then she should say so.

If they get bolshy, tell them you're going to another salon and will be letting people know why you're moving hairdressers.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Scared. I hate things like that unless I'm really in the moment.

Have added an after picture. You can see how shorter and bushier it is near the ears which trust me in this heat with thick, curly hair is not nice!! The length difference is only noticeable on closer inspection.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 02:45 PM
I've got curly hair, Em and I know how hard it is to get the "right" cut (I'm not as curly as you but am curly). You definitely need to go back into the salon, explain yourself and get them to sort it out, to how you asked it to be cut. Personally, I'd ask for a senior stylist to do that. If she is a Senior Stylist, then I think I'd give up and just start using a new salon.

I've been to the same hairdressers for donkey's years, inbetween I have tried other ones, to my hair's detriment, so I now just stick to the devil I know (even if it is miles away).

By the way, your hair doesn't look bad at all, so don't go thinking you look a sight. It looks fine but just needs refining to what you are happy with
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 02:49 PM
She is the most senior.

Not sure about going somewhere else though as then we're back to square one.

Maybe I should just put up. Or shall I call? I suppose it can't hurt to see what she suggests, in a nice way.

ARGH!!!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
She is the most senior.

Not sure about going somewhere else though as then we're back to square one.

Maybe I should just put up. Or shall I call? I suppose it can't hurt to see what she suggests, in a nice way.

ARGH!!!
Don't put up with shoddy service!! You pay that lady to do your hair! Get it done how you want!!
BWS
Listed Rescue on Dogsey

14-07-2009, 03:04 PM
I think your hair looks lovely in both pics
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Iso is scary.

Thanks BWS that's a really nice thing to say x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >