Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 07:19 PM

What was I thinking!!

I just took my 4 kenneled dogs for a walk together, and we had to walk on the road, which isn't usually a problem, being in the middle of the countryside, but because of a corner, I put them all on leads and walked too and from the kennels on them!

What a nightmare that was!! Everyone was get tangled up and walking in opposite directions!! Thank goodness it's only like a 2 minute walk!!

They had great fun in the field though! It's the first time in ages they have been able to run wild and also as a pack, because my girls have been in season and all the fields have been full of sheep and their lambs!! I only wish I had a camera with me!!

I had to take at least Misty for a walk on a lead today though, as My OH bought me/Misty a new lead from the game fair yeserday! A pink slip lead, how fantastic is that!!!!!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Know that feeling. When we go for a walk with our mates we have 7 dogs between us and that's a nightmare if they all decide to suffer from 'selective hearing' at the same time.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 07:37 PM
I don't know how people manage!!!
I can cope perfectly well with two or three, today was the first time i took the four!!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Reminds me of one time (years ago) when I tried to take six cocker spaniels for a walk at the same time. As it sank to a case of "Come for draggies", I only tried it once. I prefer to be on the decision-making end of the lead.

Snorri
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 08:43 PM
lol i only have the two ,but we get all tangled up sometimes . so i think you have done quite well .
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 08:44 PM
I struggle with one !!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2009, 11:05 AM
I don't usually have a problem walking my four together ... until, like you, I have to have them all on leads for whatever reason, and then it is a nightmare! lol!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2009, 11:23 AM
I think me and the pooches are going to get more practise at all walking together on leads!
It doesn't help, Misty is still in training with lead walking, she has her good days and her bad! Charlie needs to be in front, Hamish and Gracie walk as close to me as they can and its always a competition as to who can walk right next to me, then Hamish freaks when Gracies lead ends up under his tail!!
Its great fun! But it's definatly worth it when they all get in the field together and can run round like the loons that they are!!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2009, 12:24 PM
I have three and put two on a splitter to keep things orderly!!!! Tho dont do too much on lead
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2009, 08:55 PM
I took all the beasts out again today! They were better with walking to the field and from the field, I've discovered Hamish and Gracie on the left, as they dont pull and this is their 'walk to heel' side and Misty and Charlie on the right, as the both pull me, and i can give a little weak on both leads at the same time!

Getting the leads on them was the problem today, because they know now that leads means field which means freedom!!

I think that I am going to lead walk all four of them together everday, it will be good for all of us!

Will keep you updated, to see if it gets any better!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >