Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 03:14 PM

job changing..

if your currently in employment and get offered another job - and the notice period is 1 week... should you ask for a contract off the new job before you hand in your weeks notice to your currrnet job???

im only asking as if i got another job and they decided to naff me off and not take me on - im jobless..... ive been trusting before to just resign but this time i need the dollar!

thanks
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 05:32 PM
bumpety bump... someone must know??

i have an interview tomoorw.. so kinda need to know just incase lol... (wishful thinking much?)!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2009, 12:52 PM
it depends ,will they let you sign new contract befor you ,have all ready started . they usual do it on induction day ,the big companys do anyway .
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2009, 12:55 PM
i think most people just take them at there word . and you get the contract thing ,the day you start normal .in big companys .

if they send you a letter offering you the job . thats as good ,really . (i think thats right anyway )
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2009, 01:18 PM
I would never hand my notice in without having something in writing about my new job!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
I would never hand my notice in without having something in writing about my new job!

see i have up until now....(handed notice in on just a verbal acceptance of a job!)!!!! bl00dy stupid thing ive done tbh!!! lol

but jobs being as they are i really need one!!! at least till sept when i got uni (ideally i need one through uni)!

as it happens - i have another job interview on thursday which would mean that i can keep my current job and do this other one part time if i choose to.. mean working upto 40/50 hours a week probs but moneys money

p.s before you all think im mega skint =- im not - im wanting a horse and doing everything in my power to make sure i have enough money by october to get one
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2009, 05:37 PM
I would want the offer of the job in writing before handing in my notice.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2009, 09:21 PM
thank you

i will do on the next one another interview thursday - really looking forward to this one - hopefully i'll be working 40+ hours a week altogether lol