Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2009, 12:20 PM

Teenage daughters rant

My daughter is nearly 16 - so far she has her eyebrow pierced, a bar thing through top of ear, belly button pierced & a proper tattoo on her wrist (I'm still fuming over the tat)
So what's she gone & done now........ pierced her top lip & bottom lip! She's ever so clever though coz she did it herself
I've tried to explain, I've tried to reason, I've shouted & screamed....... what do I get?
"It's my body & my life I'll do what I like with them"
Step daughter (14) has come down from up north to live with us last month & what did she do yesterday? She pierced her lip too! She was more willing to take it out though as her swelled up badly.
Short of knocking their heads together I just don't know what to do.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2009, 12:27 PM
If shouting etc doesn't work why not just ignore it . Easier said than done I know but what else can you do ?
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2009, 12:29 PM
I hate these piercings!!! What on earth do the girls think they are doing to themselves Thankfully, my eldest (16 in September) doesn't like the face piercings but is desperate for a tattoo on the back of her neck Not happening whilst she's still at school but after that time, not much I can do about it. She had her navel pierced though and I hate that but at least it's hidden! Took her a long time to talk me into that (in the end my Mum told me to let her have it as it wasn't the end of the world ). The 13 year old likes the face piercings but they definitely won't be happening before she's 18! Hopefully, by that time, she'll realise that they just aren't appealling

I feel for you, I really do but I've just always told mine that if they went behind my back, I'd make them take the piercing out (pain for nothing) and they'd lose all privileges (like money for outings, parental taxi service and so on... ) forever. I mean it too and they know it
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2009, 12:39 PM
I think the harder you fight it the more they do it

it depends on how hard you wana fight it .................my boys both been throught the long scruffy hair and unwashed look and they both grew out of it I wasn;t going through the drag to the hairdresser thing if they wanna look like spotty hippies thats their choice

we can but only guide them
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
If shouting etc doesn't work why not just ignore it . Easier said than done I know but what else can you do ?
bang my head against a wall !!
Forever getting phone calls from school about her unacceptable piercings. She tries to be clever by wearing clear plastic bars with no balls on the ends at school.
her face is going to be like a sieve!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2009, 12:51 PM
yes I've tried telling her to wait until she leaves school.
I don't give her money, she works in her dad's restaurant at weekends, even he has had a go at her saying she can't work with them in.
She thinks she's Amy Whinehouse with the hairstyle to match!
Now I've been told that since she did it herself & it was oh so easy - everyone at school is doing it and I feel awful if she has started a mad craze & they are trying to out do each other finding different places to pierce. The only reason she hasn't had her tongue pierced is because she has to have dental surgery next month - she reckons once that is over the tongue is next.
I've considered grounding her until she is 18!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
yes I've tried telling her to wait until she leaves school.
I don't give her money, she works in her dad's restaurant at weekends, even he has had a go at her saying she can't work with them in.
She thinks she's Amy Whinehouse with the hairstyle to match!
Now I've been told that since she did it herself & it was oh so easy - everyone at school is doing it and I feel awful if she has started a mad craze & they are trying to out do each other finding different places to pierce. The only reason she hasn't had her tongue pierced is because she has to have dental surgery next month - she reckons once that is over the tongue is next.
I've considered grounding her until she is 18!
Good luck, I think you might need it
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Tell her how great she looks, tell her you are gonna get one done....if your brave enough go and get one done!!....She'll soon change her mind! reverse physchology always works!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Tell her how great she looks, tell her you are gonna get one done....if your brave enough go and get one done!!....She'll soon change her mind! reverse physchology always works!

Errrr..............don't bank on that one! That was the reasoning behind me letting my Daughter have the belly piercing, thinking she'd take it out after a few months once she felt she'd won the battle! Not a bloomin' chance of that and now she's always nagging for me to get one done I don't think so
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-06-2009, 01:17 PM
My son went through the sieve phase, with top lip, eyebrow, bottom lip, tongue, nipples, ears with bloody great hula hoop things in and to be honest most of them have now gone. He's let them heal over, even the Hula hoop ears are now relatively normal. So chill it will pass.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »