Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twiglet422
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-06-2009, 02:24 PM

Doggy Backpacks

Hi guys a friend of mine is thinking about getting a backpack for her doglet and we were trying to work out exactly how to fit them. Now i know a few of you on here have them for your lovely doggy's so just wondered if you could give us some advice??
Thanks guys

(a few pics would be wonderful as well!!! )
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 02:42 PM
I've got some, I will go off to look for photos , but I find them easy to fit and great for letting the dog carry things for you, and it puts a smile on peoples faces when they see it to lo
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 03:09 PM
I think they are a brilliant idea! I've seen them in some of the outdoor shops in Keswick before. I'd love to get one for Marius for when we go camping
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 03:13 PM
this is kaos with his backpack

tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-06-2009, 03:23 PM
My 2 have had backpacks for a while now, we walk up to the market and they carry my fruit and veg back, they love them, as soon as they see them there is an argument as to who gets their's on first

chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Heres some photos of mine, they've just got some cheap ones from the local pets at home

twiglet422
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks guys just a quick question how do you fit them like how tight should they be?
Thanks again xx
Petra
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-06-2009, 09:14 PM
We recently bought our leo one - a medium one from PaH fits her quite well (exactly the same as the one in Chaz's second pic). Don't quite trust her enough not to run off with anything of value in there, so she carries little sand bags in hers!

Haven't put any pics on the laptop yet.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Mine carry water when we are going on a really long walk, poo bags, sometimes treats, although I'm not sure whether that would be like teasing them, so they don't carry them so much, their leads when they are off lead, and a blanket each to lay on when we go for treks when they stop for a rest lol.

And I had to laugh about the anything of value bit lol, I'm imagining a dog thats a thief using a back pack to hide all of the stolen treasures, my imagine is a bit too vivid I think