Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 04:41 PM

Vet visit

We took Boo and Bryan to the vet today. They were pretty well behaved in the car. So much so that we're thinking about taking them for a little drive into the country tomorrow to play in the river.

Boo was brilliant in the vet's. She wasn't scared and stood nicely to have her microchip put in and her vaccinations. According to her owner she hasn't had a season so we're getting her speyed on Thursday next week (assuming she doesn't show signs of coming into season before then). She has a very slight skin infection on her tummy, so they're going to reassess her on Thursday morning and may decide just to postpone it and give her ABs.

Bryan and Boo had another fight today - over a ball this time. They both went for the same tennis ball and Boo hurt Bryan by standing on him. There weren't any injuries, but Bryan was making an awful screaming noise. I split them up within seconds (seemed like minutes though!) and they are totally fine now. It's still early days I suppose and they are much better together. Boo isn't jumping on Bryan so much and the dog gate is working very well for her time outs.

I don't think I'll leave them alone with Kongs (which is what I usually do when I go out) because that could potentially start a fight. I'm going to leave Nylabones for them though because Boo needs to chew on something. I'll be leaving them for 4 hours on Wednesday.

Yesterday my friend came round with her rescue dog (who is a larger version of Boo) and we had a lovely 2 hour walk around the plantation. The dogs got on very well, although we didn't let them into the house. That would have been a step too far I think

I've realised today I can only keep Boo until August. I'm looking after my step-dad's 12 year old Bedlington Terrier for 3 weeks and he won't cope at all with a puppy jumping all over him. She might not even still be on the Project then, but I've made them aware of the situation so they can find a different foster for her if needs be.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 06:16 PM
You are getting so much better at dealing with all the situations that these fosters can bring! You are doing a wonderful job!

I have to cope with the occasional scuffle here too and have to say I never leave all three together when I go out. Kismet is always separated. If you have a time out room, maybe Boo could go in there when you are out and then they could both have their kong? Separated by the dog gate, they'd still be company for each other, but not competition.