Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 05:38 PM

Would you want your dog to protect you?

would you want your dog to protect you if you were attacked? by a human.... if you want to say about a dog then fine but im certinaly not talking about purposely starting dog fights etc.... !!!! more focusing on them protecting us from other humans...

I know for a fact one of mine would just run.... the other would be scared as well but would like her to butch up slightly as sometimes shes scared of her own shadow

my previous dog was a fantastic guard dog and if anyone dared physically come at me - their hand wouldnt get to me as it would be in her gob... with her i felt safe...!

me now.... i would like my dog to protect me if i was attacked (only this)! as i would never want an aggresive dog in general....

what are your thoughts on this??? would your dog protect you???
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 05:39 PM
I have the ultimate protectors, and should the need arise, I have every certainty that they'd be there for me, and I'd certainly let them!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 05:43 PM
I would like to think that my two would protect me if the situation arose.
I'm sure that,although he is a big softie, Ben would jump to my protection and Poppy would just go for the throat, coz she is a cow
But seriously, yes I would expect them to help me if I ever needed them too.

Elaine xx
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 05:43 PM
I would like it if mine did but I didnt get them for that purpose. Just as well really cos dont think they would!!
Tho think they can do a good job of looking and sounding scary sometimes (yes...you'd be surprised!).
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 05:44 PM
I think a few of mine would try to protect me (not that they could do much, bless them) but the others are just not that way inclined. They'd probably just watch me get attacked or run home. I think I'd be pretty good at protecting myself though, unless somebody was armed
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 05:51 PM
thanks for the replies!

i didnt buy my dogs for the status (but i aint being funny but i dont exactly look hard with a collie anyhow ) but i do expect my dogs to help me out but i dont think millie would or nick.... althoug she has got a shift look and a little bark - thats about as scary as it getss lol

mabey the next dog will be more loyal
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Not sure to be honest, my lot can look imtimdating when together anyway, but I dont think I would want them to put themselves at risk for my sake. I would be more inclined to be protecting my dogs non of mine are what I would call guarding types, and if a human was being aggressive to them they would probably behave like they have been repremanded.

MO
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 06:21 PM
i honestly think mine would! collies do look mean when growling!!!!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
i honestly think mine would! collies do look mean when growling!!!!

do they?

sam did.... very very evil.... but then again even without the growl;ing she looked evil!

lol
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Now you've got me thinking. not sure mine would, I woulnd't trust them to. But then, labs arn't exactly known for their guarding abbility.

Our first lab Jet might have. Storm and Nyle, def not. Shadow, maybe. He did suprise me once though. We were in the garden, a delivery person knocked at next door, who were at work at that time. So she'd obviously heard me in the garden talking to the dogs, as you do. There was no prior warning, no barking or anything, but when she oppened the gate, Shadow, went strait for he, growling, he didn't look like he was gunna stop either. I was shocked to say the least, He'd never shown any inclination towards that kind of response. So yes I'd say he'd have a go at an intruder, but wether he'd have the same reaction if we were out walking is another matter.
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »