View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
happy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-05-2009, 12:18 PM

What do you wear (jacket) for walking your dog?

This may seem like a stupid question but just wondered what coat/jackets you wear walking your dogs!
I have a waterproof regatta jacket but sweat too much in it! Sorry!
I have looked at various websites but breathable and waterproof jackets cost the earth and as i'm only walking the dog, not climbing a mountain i dont want to spend £100 plus for a coat that will get muddy, slobbery, snagged and stuffed with smelly dog treats!
Layering clothes is fine in the winter but not now its warmer (well it was a few days ago!)
Thanks!
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 12:28 PM
When it's cold/wet/windy I have a Helly Hanson red waterproof jacket (I am quite small so got away with a child's size, cheaper!) and when it's a bit warmer but you still need a 'coat' I put on a fleece top with a body warmer over the top
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 12:33 PM
I've got a lined waterproof jacket for most of the year - when its cold, I wear a jumper under it, when its warmer I just wear it with a t-shirt.

I also have a number of golfing jackets (cheap makes) which are lightweight and waterproof which I wear if it is warm but wet. + waterproof trousers for when it is really peeing down.

(And I can't remember the last time it was hot, so not sure what I wear then )
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 12:50 PM
I've got a Requisite waterproof jacket (it's an 'own brand' horse jacket' for walking in the winter/at night/in the cold and if it is nice, I've got a chunky fleece to wear instead.

Mine are from http://www.robinsons-uk.com/, a horse-stuff supplier. They have lots of good jackets, fleeces etc for fairly decent prices. Their 'own brand' is Requisite and is reasonably priced. I order most of my stuff online from them.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 12:57 PM
I got a cracking 3/4 legnth wax drizabone, got it from a newzeland web site for 60 quid, well worth the money, I have a bushwacker hat I wear with it when its raining, its warm windproof and waterproof and all you need is a light fleece under it, that said I have an old retro style parka that makes me look like I am really fat cause I wear it with a padded dickies jacket under it, and I look like I have wee short legs , pmsl...everyone hates them, must admit now though after seeing a recent pic of me in it I'm not too keen either lolllll !
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2009, 01:00 PM
A Lowe Alpine unlined waterproof jacket, does all 3 seasons, summer excepting, just add layer of fleece according to degree of cold. Transpiration rate not bad,

Mary
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 01:20 PM
I have a cheap brand wax cotton jacket I wear most of the year. It's waterproof and windproof, but light enough to wear with just a t-shirt underneath in the warmer weather. In winter I just wear a sweatshirt and light fleece underneath. I love it, so versatile. Also it has 4 pockets - just what is needed for dog toys, seach articles, mobiles, keys etc.

My darling Belle managed to get her teeth caught in it and ripped it so I've ordered a replacement, but at £19.99 I can afford that. Try googling Edinburgh Outdoor Clothing Company or Trekwear.
parsonsmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2009, 01:22 PM
I got a Trespass hooded jacket from Matalan. Fully waterproof with a detachable inner fleece. It was fab right through the winter and now Spring is here I've just taken out the fleece. The fleece liner has sleeves too so can be worn as a jacket. It's brill, and all for £30!
pumpkinpie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-05-2009, 01:23 PM
I wear a ski jacket its light, waterproof, breathable and warm if needed. I got both my ski jackets at the end of ski season so were cheap one was £25 from decathalon and the other was £50 from trespass. Try ebay ski season has finished now you may pick up a fantastic bargin or two.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by peedie View Post
When it's cold/wet/windy I have a Helly Hanson red waterproof jacket (I am quite small so got away with a child's size, cheaper!) and when it's a bit warmer but you still need a 'coat' I put on a fleece top with a body warmer over the top
My favourite jacket is a Helly Hanson I bought recently mines blue and def not a childs size, but its a great jacket with a hood and I don't get too hot wearing it, but at the same time I'm warm enough.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >