Our sister sites
Our sister sites
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 11:33 PM

dog wandering the streets

Hi all,

Help please! I'm really worried and need some advice.

Just came home from work - hence the silly time of night! On my journey home i passed a mastif sized doggie wandering on his own down a nearby road. I slowed down but had traffic behind me and nowhere safe to stop... No sign of owner...but doggie had a collar on.

I rushed home, grabbed a lead and some biccies and headed back out... Cant find him anywhere.. searched all the roads leading off that road slowly with my lights on full beam. You can tell where he's been as there is a trail of upturned recycling boxes (its bin day here tomorrow).

I'm really worried as where he was spotted is just off a busy A road and very near a motorway
Help!!!! Should i call the Rspca? i dont know what to do but i'm really worried about the poor fella and wishing i'd have somehow managed to stop the first time. feel awful.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 05:48 AM
Sorry no one managed to answer you in time, hon. We can only hope he's found his way back home

x0x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 05:56 AM
Maybe it's like the brown and white Border Collie I saw most mornings, trotting off over the main road to the park.
When I reported it to the Dog Warden, he seemed quiet aware of it and told me that he was about to go round to see the owners, as he had now found out where it lived.....apparently it takes itself for a walk then goes home
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Well done for caring & trying to find him.

Wouldn't surprise me if he has taken himself off back home. Might be worth a call to the dog warden though just to mention it - they can always go and have another look around just in case he is still roaming.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Morning,

I'm praying that the poor fella managed to get himself home last night and is as far away as possible from those busy roads.

It took me a really long time to get to sleep last night worrying about the poor fella. I think that maybe before we got our dogs i would have been worried but not like this, It just makes me worry about if one of ours managed to escape. I figured i had done all i could last night though.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 09:56 AM
I think you did all you could. Hoping he made it home.