Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Suejaw
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2009, 04:25 PM

Kennel Club Insurance

My new boy has just come with 6 weeks free insurance with the KC. I have been looking into this and i can't see any major difference between theirs and the top PetPlan one other than PetPlan do unlimited vets bills, and they are charging the same price each month, though last year PetPlan hiked up my monthly instalments by £10p/m, they state it was due to vets charging more

Anyway, just wondered what anyone else thought of the KC Insurance and whether it is any better or not than PetPlan.
Only have a few days to make a decision as i have the 4 weeks free with PetPlan as well..
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 04:44 PM
I've only had one dog insured through the KC and that was 8 years ago and they were very good. Not sure what it is like now but I felt they were very professional.
Becky
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 05:03 PM
I decided to carry on with Petplan when I got my puppy last year. I wanted a lifetime plan so that if there was anything that required ongoing vet care then the insurance would continue to pay out for care for however long it it was needed. I have since spoken to people who queried whether having to renew each year and therefore (in a way) take out a new contract would affect the lifetime plan but I have not checked this out.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 10:16 AM
We only have one insured with KC insurance and that is Gracie who is insured under their "Breeders Insurance" policy. It is very expensive compared to our other policies (its about £25 a month just for her) but as she is a valuable girlie and we do hope to have a litter from her, and the fact that pugs can have a lot of complications in breeding, we decided it would be a good idea to have her covered.

Not had any claims yet, but the customer service is fantastic with KC insurance.
Suejaw
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Hmm, KC has quoted me £45p/m for my boy.. Gonna have to call Petplan up for another check on their price p/m.
I do have a breed which comes under a special backet(what i call it anyway) which means its always going to be more expensive.