Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
heavensent
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2009, 05:31 PM

jan fennell

Has anyone read any of this womans books? And what do they think? I have just read the practical dog listener and though it was v good apart from not taking your rescue dog or pup out for a walk for about a month ....cant think what kind of frustrated energy would build up in that time and certainly know that my rescue would have had to go back as he would have been climbing the walls...
Fluffypup
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2009, 05:51 PM
I've read one of her books and enjoyed it. She had some good ideas, particularly if you've got a dominant dog, many of which seemed to be similar to Cesar Millan. The one thing I can't do myself is ignore my dog when I come home or come downstairs in the morning. I look forward to those lovely greetings and I don't think I could go off, make a cup of tea (as she suggests), all the while ignoring my dog who just wants a cuddle, and say hello once the dog has lost interest in me. One of the delights of owning a dog for me is those wonderful moments of connection when we greet each other. That's just me though and it obviously works for her.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Repulsive woman! I defy anyone to watch the show she does (on Animal Planet I think, can't remember the name though) and not find her getting on your nerves. As for the book(s), it has been a long time since I read it, but she is pretty much the female (albeit less marketable version of...) Cesar Millan. Obviously that is not a complement!
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 05:55 PM
I don't like her.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 05:57 PM
I have known of her for a long time & listened to her one size fits all method based on flawed studies of artifical captive packs of wolves & wild dogs. She fails to acknowledge the fact some of her"new"methods have been around since Adam was a lad.

She strongly believes in not having close contact with her dogs(like cuddling, stroking etc)as this invades their personal space !

Like CM her methods belong in the dark ages of dog training
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 05:59 PM
No cuddling!! No stroking!!! why on earth would you want a dog??
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 06:00 PM
She strongly believes in not having close contact with her dogs(like cuddling, stroking etc)as this invades their personal space !
She is nuts in other words.

If you want to read good books on dog training by people who actually know what they are talking about, read anything by Pat Miller, Karen Pryor, Jean Donaldson and Patricia McConnell
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Some of the ideas she has are a good ideas....but I don't agree with her reasoning!

Other than that I do not really subscribe to her methods.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Not a fan at all
Chris_Collins
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-04-2009, 06:29 PM
lol all you non-fans, go write a book on how CM and her should do it then!

Get it sponsored by Dogsey and you'll all be laughing.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »