Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 10:26 AM

So frustrated!

Just need to vent really...

There is a lot going on in my Dept at the moment, a lot of which is very hush-hush... morale is not fantastic, although the weather is helping!

At the moment though, I'm finding it incredibly hard to do my job; mainly because I'm frustrated. But not with work! I want to be at home. I want to be at home with my dogs and the rabbits and the chickens and ducks. I want to be in my garden, growing veg; and (dare I say it) doing housework etc.

The weather is lovely, and I don't want to be sat in an office. Sadly, the financial position is such that I can't give up work, or even drop any time at the moment.

I find it very hard to do all my jobs etc in a morning before work then leave everything and go to work for the day. I'm knackered at weekends and always feel I've not done enough; but I never seem to relax, cos I'm trying to get so much done in the 2 days off work we have.

I've got some time off at Easter (about a week) and it honestly can't come soon enough!

Phew! Thanks for letting me vent a bit!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Oh dear.

I do feel for you - its horrid having to be stuck inside when its nice, after such awful weather it is so fantastic - there hasnt even been a gradual change. However - lighter mornings and evenings coming which should help a little.

Easter isn;t far....
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Oh dear, not good.

Sending you some hugs to keep you going till the clocks change and Easter is upon us.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Hugs and vibes being sent hun.

I know exactly where your coming from, spending 35 years in work, and looking out windows. I hope your time will come to be home soon on a permanant basis.....Easter is just round the corner
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 11:11 AM
I feel the same some days then I think to myself that I'd soon get bored if I was at home all day every day.

There is soMething about this weather though that makes you just want to be at home getting stuff done. I've got a mountain of jobs I could get done but can never be bothered by the time I finish work.

Maybe you could just book a couple of days off like a Thursday/Friday and do allthe things you want at home.

Hope you feel better for having a good vent though and chin up as Easter is only two weeks away!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 11:21 AM
*hugs hugs* honey x
Remember that feeling from 18 years as an accountant.
I used to take my 5 weeks holiday and have at least three of it split about the year - a day here, a long weekend there - so I always had a bit of time off coming up to look forward to.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I feel the same some days then I think to myself that I'd soon get bored if I was at home all day every day.
With 18 animals and an allotment, I'd never get bored!!

I've booked Friday afternoon this week off work, and extended my Easter holiday by 2 days (we get 5 days off work as the Uni closes down anyway)...

Feel a bit better for filling out the holiday form!

Thanks everyone, just gotta keep going until Easter now!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Feel exactly the same way myself, Shelley

I've got Easter off too, and can't bloody wait!

x0x