View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dlfallis
New Member!
Female 

15-03-2009, 03:18 PM

Hi all..introducing myself & question! (kennel cough)

This is Donna from North TX. I have 4 personal dogs and also foster for rescue. Came across this site looking for info on kennel cough in a pregnant dog. Of course living in a very small town our vet is out of town until tonight! I have several drugs on hand but know you can't give a pregnant dog just anything. If anyone has a suggestion until my vet gets back I would love to hear if you have ever treated one and what was safe.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2009, 03:21 PM

Sorry - can;t help with your problem - hope it gets sorted
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Hi Dona and welcome to Dogsey .
If your bitch is in whelp I wouldn't give her any medication unless advised to do so by a vet.

There are a number of upper respiratory tract infections which go under the term 'kennel cough' and they are rarely serious in healthy adult dogs, so I would wait until you can get to see a vet before doing anything.

If your bitch is coughing a lot you can give her a little honey melted in warm water, it will moisten and help to sooth her throat and it is safe to give. I would also try to keep her away from the the dogs if you can though I guess they may already be infected.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Hi, Welcome to Dogsey........think Mini has given you the best advice.
dlfallis
New Member!
Female 

15-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Thank you! She is current on bordatella and not coughing much at all, but has sneezed a few times today. I did give her honey last night. Will get her to the vet in the morning for sure. She is due in 2 weeks. Thanks again for responding, I appreciate it.