Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dappyjd
New Member!
Female 

09-03-2009, 02:35 AM

Smells that dogs dislike

Anybody out there have advice about smells that dogs DON'T like? I have to repair a rag doll head and would like to put something in it that will repel my schnauzer (the destroyer of the first head) from the doll. All ideas are welcome. Thanks!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 07:05 AM
Welcome to Dogsey
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 01:33 PM
My dog HATES with a passion the smell of raw fish! It is very amusing to watch however, as she will smell it, turn her head kind of make a "pff" noise, then smell again, and repeat a few times. She hasn't ever took the fish though lol
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
My dog HATES with a passion the smell of raw fish! It is very amusing to watch however, as she will smell it, turn her head kind of make a "pff" noise, then smell again, and repeat a few times. She hasn't ever took the fish though lol
great image of your dog carrying on sniffing even when she doens't like the smell

Not too sure that Dappyjd would want the doll smelling of raw fish either though

How about a really strong perfume? (though I quess that would fade in time)
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Poppy hates the smell of rubber. She will not play with any rubber toys at all, full stop, will walk away and sulk if you try to give her a rubber toy.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by dappyjd View Post
Anybody out there have advice about smells that dogs DON'T like? I have to repair a rag doll head and would like to put something in it that will repel my schnauzer (the destroyer of the first head) from the doll. All ideas are welcome. Thanks!
Hi and welcome to Dogsey There are a number of things that will repel dogs but in this instance the best course of action is to put the doll where the dog can't get it.

I have Minis and they are excellent killers of vermin (one of the traits they were bred for) and will frequently 'kill' a doll or squeaky toy. So remove the doll and provide the dog with safe toys.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 07:00 PM
You could try spraying the stuffing with a bitter apple spray sold to keep dogs from chewing furniture?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 07:29 PM
dog shampoo....lol
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 09:33 PM
I don't think many dogs like the smell of citrus, i.e. oranges/lemons - in fact i think there is a spray you can get that is supposed to deter them from fouling/urinating in the same place ?
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-03-2009, 10:44 PM
apple sider vinigar,,when sprayed ,but its great for there food,and they dont know its there ...for my pack anyway
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >