Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 09:42 AM

I need Dogsey Peeps Help

I am soon to be starting a study which will involve speaking with lots of vets accross the country to gather as much info as possible, and I would like to ask you all for your help too.
Can you please tell me how many of you that keep your dogs vaccinated has ever had one past or present that has caught one of the diseases it was vaccinated against.
Also I would like to know about any vaccinated dogs you know of that has caught one of the diseases while vaccinated.
For those of you that Titre test I would like to know if any of you have ever had a dog that showed good immunity on a titre test but still caught one of the diseases that had shown good immunity.
Again I would also like to hear the same of any dog you know of that may not be owned by you that is tire tested had good immunity and still caught one of the diseases.
I am going to try and do a poll for this but if I can't you can either reply here or pm me, Simarly if I do a poll I would still like to hear any experiences.
The aim of this is to eventually lobby the insurance companies to change thier stuck in the mud old fashioned views and try to get them to accept titre testing.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 09:47 AM
If it helps...I haven`t had a dog boostered for 20 years. All my dogs have completed their intial course. None have contracted any of the diseases they have been vaccinated against.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
If it helps...I haven`t had a dog boostered for 20 years. All my dogs have completed their intial course. None have contracted any of the diseases they have been vaccinated against.
Thankyou, can you just tell me if you have ever titre tested and if so what the results showed.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 10:01 AM
In all the years I have had dogs (and it's quite a few ) I have had,10 dogs all been vaccinated and none of them ever caugt the disease they were vaccinated against. Only one caught Kennel cough, while in boarding kennels.
Never titre tested (don't know what that is )

Elaine x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Always vaccinated and never had any problems
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Always vaccinated never had any problems at all. Never titre tested.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Thankyou, can you just tell me if you have ever titre tested and if so what the results showed.
No, sorry. Never done it.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Ben always vaccinated - no probs - never titre tested.

Mums dog lived to 14 (died of Kidney failure) a Lab, never vaccinated, never titre tested and never ill until the last days of his life. Wlaked off lead 3 times daily in a busy area and park.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Including two danes, two labradors, one springer and currently Max, we have always vaccinated and never had any of the diseases. Have never titre tested any.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Always vaccinated, never titre tested.
In 18 years, Spot did get lepto once aged 14, despite the vaccs.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >