Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 01:41 PM

Ellie, 1 yr old GSD needs a new home

Hi all, Ellie's owners are unfortunately having to find a new suitable home for her, as Ron's Altzheimers it progressing fast and Carol cannot give Ellie the time and commitment she needs. Ellie is approx 16 months LARGE GSD bitch, short coat, in good health and spayed. She has had puppy vacs and is due boosters if the new owners want to booster her, as Carol did not wish to go the annual booster route.

She is quite bouncy in the house and and still a daft puppy at times, but her social skills are fairly good. She is being clicker trained and loves learning new tricks and commands so a new owner must be willing to do obedience, agility, working trials etc. or carry on her clicker training. Ellie loves kids and is gentle, I have walked her with mine many times, although she is quite big so older kids are probably best. She currently lives with two cats and loves to annoy them but will back off if they hiss at her.

Ellie is a bit unpredictable around other dogs. She is making good progress in this area, but is not to be trusted around puppies and smaller dogs just yet. She could probably live with an older dominant dog if introductions were careful, as she is fine with my Loki. Her recall is 100% and she is very responsive. She is used to being groomed daily and she is really clever.

She is a typical noisy Shepherd and is very talkative!

If you are interested in Ellie, please PM me. She is a wonderful dog, but really needs a firm but kind dedicated owner to help her achieve her full potential.

Cheers!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 01:43 PM
I do hope Ellie finds a wonderful permanent home, how sad for your friends having to part with her, I can understand exactly what they are going through and wish them all the best. xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 01:49 PM
I wish Ellie owners the very best, and I hope you find Ellie a home she can thrive in.....she sounds lovely
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 01:54 PM
So sorry to hear that Ellie's owners are having to let her go. I hope she finds a loving and permanent home really soon.

Don't you fancy having her Loki's mum?
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
So sorry to hear that Ellie's owners are having to let her go. I hope she finds a loving and permanent home really soon.

Don't you fancy having her Loki's mum?
Sadly I couldn't have her with Rio. Ellie can't be trusted with pups.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 09:33 AM
bump! anyone help with fostering etc.?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
bump! anyone help with fostering etc.?
I'd offer hun, but not really sure she would cope with two bitches and male.........how sad. I really hope someone can foster for you..........fingers XXXXXX
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Spoke to a lady from GSD rescue this morning and I think she was more interested in critisizing Carol and Ron for buying a pup in their sixties than helping. Never mind that they have had dogs for over 30 years and are very experienced dog owners, and very responsible! They didn't ask for Ron to get ill now did they? A bit annoyed tbh.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 03:23 PM
That isn't very helpful at all! Which GSD rescue was it (PM me)?

You could contact Big GSD in Surrey. They have some excellent fosterers but the problem I guess would be getting Ellie down South.

Also, would she make suitable police material? Is she confident, ball driven etc? If so, contact the dog section at Lancashire Police on 01772 618335.

Cumbria Police are also looking for suitable dogs at the moment, and can be contacted here - Sgt Gibson or PC Mossop on 01768 891999 ext 7282.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Thanks Moobli. carol has been in touch with the lancs police but they don't want bitches apparently.. I will try the other. Trying Big GSD too, thanks.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >