Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2009, 10:37 PM

Midlands Mid-week Walk

Hey,

Does anyone fancy a mid-week walk in the Midlands? I'm reasonably central in Birmingham and can drive more or less anywhere. My Son is off school for half term and he loves to see dopgs run about and enjoy themselves - other peoples' dogs, not just ours.

So if anyone has a couple of spare hours and fancies a wander in a park somewhere please say so.

I'm stuck on Monday at Uni and on Wednesday doing a transport run. other than that, anytime during the week would be great.

Laura xx
Breezay
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-02-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm certainly up for it I'm in Leicester & don't have a car, I'm afraid so I can't come to you.. But if you're up for it, maybe we could walk closer to my home?
I'm really close to Bradgate Park (have you heard of it? I can send you a link if you need one) it's lovely there.

What type of dog do you have? Sox is a Border Collie/Whippet Cross.

Let me know
x
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Hey,

I have 2 GSDs and 1 GSD/Akita. I would probably bring just my big GSD as trying to catch hold of more than one dog when they're all excited is a nightmare.

In Leicester you're about an hour from me, maybe 90 minutes in traffic or bad weather so I'd be happy to drive up to you.

I've heard of Bradgate Park but don't think I've ever been. I went to Leicester Uni (a very long time ago) and last summer did some contracting work in market Harborough so have an idea (kind of) of the areas in and around Leicester.

When ya fancy walking?

Laura xx
Breezay
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Whenever is ok for you, I'm free most of this week. A lot of people take their dogs to Bradgate, it's really nice.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradgate_Park

They do have some deer there, so you do have to sometimes keep an eye on your dogs just so they don't go over to them. Not many dogs are really all that interested in the deer though.
xx
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Wow- I think 840 acres is enough to wear Zane out. Although are there certain areas where the deer are, or do they roam free over all the park? If they do, maybe I should bring my 3 1/2 month old GSD instead. If I take Zane to a park he knows full well he shoul dbe off lead and would see nothing wrong in chasing the deer to play with them.

Laura xx
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 09:00 PM
I have "homework" to do tomorrow around taking Oscar to se "Hotel For Dogs". I'm stuck on Wednesday so how about Thursday or Friday?

Laura xx
Breezay
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-02-2009, 09:12 PM
There is a lot of land which only the deer are allowed on & they do tend to stay away when it's quite busy. There is a clear path which we can walk or if you fancy getting a little muddy, we can go across the grass and up the hills.
I just remembered that I am busy on Thursday (my brother has got a procedure on his heart & I was going to go along with him and our Mum). I might be able to do Friday though.
What time would be best for you?
xx
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Hi,

How about quite early on Friday then? If we left Birmingham at around 930-10am then we could be in Leicester by 11ish. A couple of hours walk maybe should be enough I would think.

It means you'd have the rest of the day to make sure your brother is OK and to visit him and we get back in time to walk the other dogs without it being too late.

Alternatively, would you prefer to leave it until Saturday or next week even. I jsut trying to think that you may want to be with your brother on Friday rather than walking in the wind, rain and mud with a complete stranger?

I really don't mind - just let me know what you prefer to do.

Laura xx
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Cant do Leicester and its my birthday on friday so i have other plans but if you ever want to do a weekend walk then give us a shout. We are only in Telford which is what, 45 mins down the M6 with no traffic. Cannock chase has some great walks and is about in the middle between us both.
Breezay
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Friday would be really great. 11am is ok with me (I'll have to check with Sox :P)
There is the main carpark in Cropston if you want to meet there? I can send you a map from Google maps if you want? Or just search Bradgate Park, Leicester & it will come up
xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >