Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 03:39 PM

do dogs believe in..

..telekinesis?
Only Daisy occasionally drops her ball and it rolls out of reach so instead of getting her lazy backside over there she fixes it with a commanding stare and GLARES at it. I`m convinced she thinks that she can WILL it back into her mouth. She can keep this up for ages but the accompanying whinging drives us nuts so eventually we suggest she gets it herself, which she does, resentfully.
Does anyone else`s dog try to make their toys submit to their will?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 03:41 PM

Mo will fix a toy with a stare and then pounce as if it is live prey
I thought she was practising her sight hound skills
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 04:04 PM
oh yes!!!! although cos mine are collies i think they are willing them to move AWAY from them rather than go to them!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 04:37 PM
hahaahahah brill thread... the rotts tend not to have much of a toy left by the time it leaves there gobs.. so not much point in having it back.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
..telekinesis?
Only Daisy occasionally drops her ball and it rolls out of reach so instead of getting her lazy backside over there she fixes it with a commanding stare and GLARES at it. I`m convinced she thinks that she can WILL it back into her mouth. She can keep this up for ages but the accompanying whinging drives us nuts so eventually we suggest she gets it herself, which she does, resentfully.
Does anyone else`s dog try to make their toys submit to their will?
I think she's trying to make you submit to her will! I bet she thinks if I make it clear enough what I want her to do by hard staring and a vocal cue my lovely Mum will pass it back to me. So far you have proved to be untrainable. What's the betting she'll find another training method soon? Or maybe she'll look into human training classes.

J
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
I think she's trying to make you submit to her will! I bet she thinks if I make it clear enough what I want her to do by hard staring and a vocal cue my lovely Mum will pass it back to me. So far you have proved to be untrainable. What's the betting she'll find another training method soon? Or maybe she'll look into human training classes.

J
oh dear...does that mean I`m too thick for my dog?
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Dale thinks that's the whole point of toys ....something to stare at. Since Chip arrived Dale hardly bothers to chase balls. Chip chases the ball and Dale eyes Chip so they're both happy
My old collie managed to get friend's son to retrieve for him! Boy threw ball. Sam stared at spot where ball landed. Boy said 'Oh he's lost it' and went to fetch it himself......over and over again. Eventually I though it was time to make a lazy collie do some work so I stopped Callum and guess what dog 'found' ball instantly.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
oh dear...does that mean I`m too thick for my dog?
Well I didn't like to say....

J
Breezay
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Ha, Sox does the same thing - and when that doesn't work, he moves on to staring at me! Lazy, lazy dog!
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Jack believes in Telepathy actually, he will look at the ball and then look at you then back to the ball, and if we are at the beach he will then look at the sea to the ball, to me to the ball...you get the picture...he is obviously trying to communicate through the sheer power of his mind to mine, can't think what he might be telling me though
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >