Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 01:36 PM

How lucky was I on my 2nd walk today!

I decided to go somewhere different for our 2nd walk this morning coz there were all the Saturday crowd up on the green We set off, and it's glorious countryside, but busy with lots of dogwalkers, so I had Zena on the lead to start off. I was just going to let her off when this girl came down with a whippet type dog so I said "hi" to her and she came over to warn me about a woman in a red jacket up ahead of me with a vile dog!! She said it had snapped it's lead and attacked her dog quite visciously and it was only because she managed to pick her dog up and give the gsd a boot that she probably saved it's life, but she's taking it to the vet now coz it's been injured! I said what's the matter with that woman walking in such a busy area with a dog like that at a time like this , and she said she knows the dog, she's had a confrontation with it before, when she told the woman it should have a blooming muzzle on it or something, and yet she still lets it off the lead with other dogs around coz she can't hold on to it, or the lead always snaps! She said she wanted to warn me when she saw my little Zena coz she said it would rip her apart OMG I thought, what if she hadn't of warned me!!! She said I don't like to be horrible about gsd's coz I know they're not all like that and yours looks lovely, but that woman doesn't have a clue and there's no way she will hold it if it wants to get to the puppy. Needles to say, I went in the other direction, and didn't come across her, but if she hadn't of warned me, God knows what would have happened. Hasten to add Georgie probably would have gone in for the kill I suppose! Why oh why oh why....... So that would have been two fully grown gsd's having a fight plus a little puppy in the middle then!!!! Stupid cow!

I'm not going out mid-day at the week-ends anymore, too many plebs around, I'll stick to my early mornings and week-day 2nd walks when they're all back at work! I think that woman needs reporting to somebody and handed a copy of the DDA, maybe I'll do that bit then!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

14-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Gosh Helena it is just as well that the girl warned you. It is horrible when dogs attack our pets. Loki got a piece of her tongue bitten off by two Staffies who had been let out and they were attacking everyone, and camer for Loki and pinned her to the ground, I couldn't get them off but a local chap came to my rescue and booted the pair of them.

Senseless, irresponsible people who allow their dogs off the lead knowing their dog will attack!!! If the dog attacked a child it could be put down - all because of stupid owners.

Thank goodness you were warned. Horrid to think what might have happened.

Hugs to you, Zena and Georgie from me and Loki xxx
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Thank goodness you was warned. I think you get these sort of people wherever you live, I know we have some on our local park. One in particular knows her dog is a problem but insists on letting it off and it hates my Skye Terrier and makes a bee line for her and she is not a light dog to pick up but i have no choice as this dog will attack her I have ended up changing my walk times twice trying to avoid her.
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Glad the woman warned you,
I'd stick to the early morning weekend walks to, not worth the risk with idiots like that about!
These people and there dogs really pi$$ me off...wish they would crawl back under there rocks and leave us and are dogs ALONE!!!!

On the up side though, at least you know to look out for the moron and her dog and keep well away!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 03:39 PM
What a good job that woman had the sense to warn you.

Funnily enough I said to hubby this morning I hate weekends all the loonies are out and about
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Yes, how lucky am I that she bothered to warn me, and that's probably only because I gave her a smile and said hello, I don't think she would have spoken otherwise perhaps! I also don't know what I would have done if that woman's dog had gone to hurt my prescious Zena, I'd probably have put the boot in or worse knowing me! I just told Dave and he said somebody like that needs reporting, so I'm now going to go out of my way to find out exactly who she is and definitely have words with her, without my dogs of course! So every time I go over that nice walk now, I'm going to have to be on the lookout for an aggressive gsd offlead Hopefully I will never bump into her again coz like I said, I will stick to early mornings and now that Spring is on it's way, late afternoons, coz this was 11.30 am.

Things all happen for a reason, and the strange thing is, I actually headed off to my green, but when I got to get the doglets out I realised I had forgotten to put GEorgie's collar on coz he had got all hyper when I was putting Zena's harness on, so I had to come back home. It was only then, that I thought, because of all the saturday walkers I had just seen up on the green area, I would head for this place instead of going back up there. Right place, right time maybe even if only to be forewarned about this a*se, by a sensible fellow dog walker, you never know do you

So sorry to hear about Loki Rose, that sounds really awful and I think I remember you posted up about that incident? You too amethystbelle, why should WE have to avoid people like this? Maybe those new laws in the DDA will stop people being allowed to do this and put all our dogs at risk, let's hope so, but of course, you'll still get the numpties at the end of the lead won't you! Especially at week-ends for some strange reason, same as on the roads!

My sentiments exactly hades, can you imagine if it had got hold of Zena!!! I really don't think Georgie, no matter how soft he is, would have let that happen somehow, but of course, he would have been hurt in the process coz he's too porky to fight back!!! Poor Georgie!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Phew Helen - it sounds like you all may have had a very lucky escape
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 06:50 PM
If the GSD is agressive, then it should surely be muzzled at all times in public? If I had an agressive GSD I would have her muzzled whenever we were out. It just isn't worth the risk.

Also, if the lead has snapped before for the woman, why doesn't she invest in a decent one?

So glad you were warned and everything is ok though