Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 02:25 PM

Urine smell

Hi all

As some of you will know Amy is in season so, when no-one is home Diesel is put in another room, all is going fine, except D is marking everywhere, not only that but it smells SO strong, if Amy did a wee in the house, you wouldnt know unless you saw it but i could smell D's as soon as i opened the front door.

Is this normal? Should it smell quite so strong?

I have never noticed the smell before as D rarely if never wee's in the house.

Your thoughts appreciated
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 09:47 AM
No-one?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 10:01 AM
sorry cant help as bruno has never peed in the house so suppose havent ever really smelt his wee !!

hope someone can help more than that !!!
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 10:50 AM
We had Noah castrated at 10 months.. for doing exactly that, but he only did it a couple of times.. don`t remember what it smelt like.. but my little crossbreed bitch does it quite often in the house... you can smell it immediately... just like asda`s beef pot noodle. I`ve blamed her more than once.. until i realise my son is eating a pot noodle in his room.. lol. Thankfully we only have carpet on the stairs.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Maybe its something to do with his hormones being in overdrive if your other dog is in season ?
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Maybe its something to do with his hormones being in overdrive if your other dog is in season ?
This is what i was wondering, i think thats why he's marking but its the smell i was concerned about, whether its normal to smell quite so strong?
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Perhaps it smells stronger because of the hormones being more active ? could be to do with attracting females maybe ? i reckon that will probably calm down a bit once your dog has had her season. Must be a nightmare for you trying to keep them apart ! Pity someone can't invent a chastity belt for dogs !!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Perhaps it smells stronger because of the hormones being more active ? could be to do with attracting females maybe ? i reckon that will probably calm down a bit once your dog has had her season. Must be a nightmare for you trying to keep them apart ! Pity someone can't invent a chastity belt for dogs !!
Yeah it is a pain but gotta be done, they are in separate rooms when no-one is about but when i'm home i'm constantly following them around to make sure they are not up to anything, a chastity belt would be great, then when my daughter gets older i could use it on her
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 06:40 PM
surprised no-one has come up with something yet !
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-02-2009, 06:49 PM
I assume your boy is uncastrated? His hormones will be in overdrive, he is marking because its natural to do so, he is saying 'she is mine' and this is 'my territory'. His urine will be stronger due to the testosterone and you will probably find it smells very fishy, which is due to the secretions from his anal glands.

Not a lot you can do other than cleaning with Biological washing powder and sprinkling your carpets with Bicarbonate of Soda, leaving down for a couple of hours and then hoovering.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >