Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 02:52 PM

SSPCA v RSPCA - Can you believe it?

Can you believe two animal charities can stoop so low as to do something like this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7865965.stm
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Thats disgusting and the SPCA should be ashamed of them selves for spending £100000 on an advert to discredit another animal carity! Its up to the public to decide where there money goes
spot
Dogsey Veteran

03-02-2009, 03:08 PM
What annoys me Dawn is that this ridiculous publicity is harming and turning people away from their local rescues run under the RSPCA/SSPCA banner who are still desperate for funds and in no way connected with this sort of rubbish political stunt. Maybe they would have been better off donating the money to them!

I am disgusted that these 2 charities cannot work together – time to grow up I think.

Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
Thats disgusting and the SPCA should be ashamed of them selves for spending £100000 on an advert to discredit another animal carity! Its up to the public to decide where there money goes
Agree it certainly isn’t going to do any animals any good is it
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Thats my point too, who is suffering? The animals they are there to help. Kick up backside time I think!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 03:09 PM
To be honest I didnt know there was a Scottish charity and that the RSPCA doesnt work in Scotland, until recently i was made aware.

I agree the campaign is a bit low....and unfortunatly it will cause a drop in RSPCA contributions. But at the same time I think people should be aware of the fact the RSPCA doesnt cover Scotland.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Spot and Borderdawn you are right....Why cant they just work together for gods sake!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Absolutely pathetic, its the animals that suffer, as always
They should grow up and realise exactly what they are in the business for.... to save and protect animals in danger and at risk
spot
Dogsey Veteran

03-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
To be honest I didnt know there was a Scottish charity and that the RSPCA doesnt work in Scotland, until recently i was made aware.

I agree the campaign is a bit low....and unfortunatly it will cause a drop in RSPCA contributions. But at the same time I think people should be aware of the fact the RSPCA doesnt cover Scotland.
True but I also wish they would also make it clear that your donations do not go to your local RSPCA/SSPCA rescue up the road.

In the line to help with the kicking!
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 03:33 PM
ugh, why am i not surprised
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 03:39 PM
I did not know that the RSPCA did not help animals in Scotland so on that point I think that it is worth mentioning but to spend an obscene amount of money on this campaign is wrong.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »