Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petra
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-01-2009, 04:02 PM

What do you do with your dog's poo?

More specifically, when you clear your garden, how do you collect it and dispose of it?

Just interested.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 04:09 PM
I have an industrial sized poop scoop which I cover with shopping bags saved up for that purpose and it goes into the bin.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Into carrier bags and I have a poo bin around the corner from me that I drop it into!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Line a bucket with a binbag, go and scoop it all up (1/3 of an acre) - use disposable gloves and poo bags to pick up (not a poo bag per poo though!).

Double bagged in bin bags and in the black (non-recycleables) bin

Horrid job!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 04:19 PM
scoop it up into carrier bags and dispose of it in the bin
Petra
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Berger View Post
I have an industrial sized poop scoop which I cover with shopping bags saved up for that purpose and it goes into the bin.
I too collect carrier bags for leo sized poos!

Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Into carrier bags and I have a poo bin around the corner from me that I drop it into!
How handy!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Using a long handled poop scoop and little rake combo (best invention ever) I put into a black bag in the bin, then double bag it before it goes out in the non recycling...

I used to take it to the poo bin down the road, but the poo bin man asked me to stop as a garden collection fills the poo bin and leaves in not usable for walkers to use...
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Berger View Post

sorry i just found that hilarious!

i have a copraphogiac (sp) dog that like to race you to it to dispose of in his belly!
But when i beat him to it it goes into a carry bag and then doubled into another and then in the black bin.
i thought about one of those compost bins but i think it might smell? and yoda will probably break in for a feast!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 04:31 PM
I use old Tesco bags or the cheap version of the pedal bin liners (they don't have big holes in the bottom!). I have a special dustbin in the back yard with a bin liner in it, and I chuck the bags in there, and when it's half full it's tied up and goes in my big wheelie bin for the dustmen. I always hope that crusher doesn't split that dustbin bag as it sends it into the lorry coz I think I might get sussed I don't know if we're allowed to put it in with our household rubbish? Not the recycle stuff, just the normal rubbish? Sometimes I take the bag up the tip if I'm going with other stuff Don't know what else you can do with it really?
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 04:39 PM
I must be really lucky, Ben won't poo in his garden unless he is ill (then it goes in a tesco nappy bag, then double bagged and put in bin).

So I just scoop and put in red doggy bins in the park or at the beach or wherever we are walking.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »