View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2006, 05:17 PM
she had another 'episode' last night, about 6 times in a row, i found it quite hard this time to snap her out of it. I feel really sorry for her cos she seems to be finding it hard to settle down to go to sleep.
We gave her a small piece of chocolate while she was having an episode, then she only had one more and it stopped. Then a few hrs later she had one more small one.
we are off to the vets tomorrow, my work have been kind enough to let me go thru work and then come back. am going to print off the info i found and show it to vet to see what he thinks
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2006, 05:28 PM
hi jenny

just caught this thread - big staffie licks to indie - hoping that whatever it is is found and treated as quickly as possible. As the others have said if its epilepsy its controllable.

Fingers crossed for Indie
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Oh no Jenny

I hope you'll get some answers soon, so you can help Indie..
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Hope someone can help soon Jenny.
Hugs for you and Indie.
xxx
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Oh Jen, so sorry to hear this news, I would be beside myself. All I can add is that we are thinking of you and wishing you well. Molly goes to the vet tommorow to get spayed and I'm worried enough about that.
Take care and all the best.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2006, 09:26 PM
hi everyone, sorry ive not said much on this thread, and i'll thank you all now for your kind words and advice

at the time i had so many thoughts running through my head and was really stressing out i couldnt quite think straight to reply properly.

anyway, heres an update on whats happened with indie..

,well, she didnt have an attack last night and the one the night before was very short and not as violent. the vet phoned at about 8pm last night to say he was having so much trouble trying to get hold of the neurologist. anyway, i told him how shed been and he said it might be a good idea just to give her a few more days and see what happens. and that because shes normal inbetween these attacks and they are decreasing in frequency and intensity that it is not likely to be something like a lesion or a brain tumour. he said it might be that it goes away and we'll never know what it was. he said somethin about epilepsy but said it was different in that epilepsy doesnt tend to get less intense, but the dog is normal inbetween.

he said he thinks its best not to go to the neurologist unless we really have to, and he said to call him everyday for next few days to give him a report.

indies much better in herself at the moment, shes scoffed her dinner and been playing loads and seems back to her normal self, which is nice.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Everything's crossed here for Indie's continued improvement. {{{hugs}}} to you and your girlie xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Glad Indie seems to be getting a lot better. I still think and hope you get to see a neurologist though? If you're insured, this will be continuation treatment and you should get all the tests possible at this time, otherwise, if your insurance is anything like mine, they will not pay out again for anything at all like this, and anyway, I always think it's best to be on the safe side don't you?

Btw, you mention chocolate - do you often give her this, and if so, have you told the vet, coz chocolate is a big "no-no" for dogs Good luck with her continued progress.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2006, 01:51 PM
hi helena, no we never normally give her chocolate. we just tried a small piece to see if it worked.

Basically he got hold of the neurologist today and she said that we didnt need to be referred yet. she hasnt had an attack in 2 days, so she basically said if she has another she can be referred straight away and get all the tests done at once.
Im taking in a poo sample next week to get her tested for lungworm. The neurologist went thru a million things it cud be, so just have to wait and see
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Hi Jenny, well let's hope she doesn't have any more then, fingers crossed, and I'm glad you already know about the chocolate! I didn't think we had lungworm in this country? Or is it heartworm I'm thinking off? I might read up on that now then, as I don't know anything about lungworm, that's worrying coz I'm very lapsidaisical about my worming programme!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >