Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Snorri what is the TZ bit for,,, been meaning to ask you for ages
Ah! TZ = "Twilight Zone"

A while back, on another board, someone posted a question. I posted an answer which seemed quite reasonable to me, but not, apparently, to the OP, who replied with "Where on Earth do you come from, Snorri - the Twilight Zone?"

I figured it was easier just to go along with it, rather than argue, but then I decided that, as Orkney is a little bit strange to some folk , it was a decent nickname for the place!

My Border Collies are pure-bred Orcadians (unlike me), so they became the TZBCs!

In Orkney, if you want a decent bottle of wine, you go to the ironmonger. If you want the best choice of cheeses, go to the fishmonger. For traditional cookware, naturally, you go to the seedsman. All perfectly logical - you're in the Twilight Zone!

oowey-doowey-oowey-doowey................

Snorri
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Charge 'em rent!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 05:41 PM
we have got 2 cats that will kill anything that crawls/creeps/flys. lost count of the amount of *gifts* we had last year.thats not including the live mouse they brought in (i caught that one ) and the 2 live bunnys. so if u want to rent my 2 thugs out LOL btw their names are ronnie and reggie, and they certainly live up to their names
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Ah! TZ = "Twilight Zone"

A while back, on another board, someone posted a question. I posted an answer which seemed quite reasonable to me, but not, apparently, to the OP, who replied with "Where on Earth do you come from, Snorri - the Twilight Zone?"

I figured it was easier just to go along with it, rather than argue, but then I decided that, as Orkney is a little bit strange to some folk , it was a decent nickname for the place!

My Border Collies are pure-bred Orcadians (unlike me), so they became the TZBCs!

In Orkney, if you want a decent bottle of wine, you go to the ironmonger. If you want the best choice of cheeses, go to the fishmonger. For traditional cookware, naturally, you go to the seedsman. All perfectly logical - you're in the Twilight Zone!

oowey-doowey-oowey-doowey................

Snorri
its not that out of the norm for me, my friend lives in Acharacle{sp} its a bit like that there, everyone has bread makers as deliverys are weekly, so if you want it fresh,,,you make it, lol the water is brown, most folk city people bring there own but its harmless I drink it all the time, never killed me yet lol
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 07:03 PM
We always have the same problem, as soon as it gets cold in they come, Fiji goes bonkers, ripping up carpets, shredding underlay jumping up and down scratching at everything and causing general mayhem, she would finish one off if she could just catch it!!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Unfortunately our cats are chuffin useless!

Well Smitch, if she can be bothered to get off her backside is a true killer - either leaving body parts in random places where you wouldn't expect them or leaving the whole mouse as a little present just outside the bedroom door...

Smudge is useless - we never even had mice until we got Smudge... she brings them in to play with and then loses them!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2008, 11:15 PM
One of the blasted meeces came out this evening. It sat down 9" in front of Kali's nose. I'd love to be able to say that he leapt on it and rent it asunder, but I can't. He looked at it, blinked a couple of times, and went back to sleep. Useless old git.

Mrs S managed to catch one, though, with my "grabstick". It rests in peace somewhere over the garden wall.

Aaaaah.

B****r it.

Snorri
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Im feeding mine to lull him into a false sense of security(I know its a him because only a guy would think about his belly before his neck,he came out for the food while I was standing there with the camera,flanked by shamus GSD)

And THEN Dingo goes in
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-03-2008, 03:32 PM
I was sitting up quite late last night, watching TV, and the little monsters were out playing on the worktop, running up curtains and along the curtain rails. However, one of the wee louts fell fff the curtain rail and into a basin where there were dog bowls soaking. It droondit.

Snorri
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2008, 05:13 PM
bless my cat thats all I can say,
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >