Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 07:15 PM

Smoothie recipes

Have any of you smoothie makers out there got any good smoothie recipes, the ones I have been making have been a bit bland. They need to be suitable for kids as we are trying to get a bit more fruit down the two grand kids. Todays effort was:

Strawberries, Banana and Pineapple, semi-skimmed milk and a blob of strawberry ice-cream thrown in for good measure........it was verrrrry nice.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 07:30 PM
My mammy uses them the grand waines love them she just uses fruit natural yogurt and a scoop of ice creme , and the waines love them
Maybe if you do a search on yahoo or google you might get a few recipes xx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Instead of ice cream try some greek yoghurt It makes lovely tangy smoothies. Frozen raspberries are good too
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 08:27 PM
There's a fab one at the smoothie place in town that is peanut butter, banana, honey and yogurt and it's fab. My mate calls it a hug in a cup.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Here's a site I've found with a few ideas:

http://www.flowercarole.com/
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I quite like the idea of the peanut butter one and will try that one in the (very) near future and the website is great, there are loads of different recipes to try. There is one with oats in it which sounds lovely.............smoothies here we come!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 10:39 AM
I do banana, peanut butter and honey too (with soya milk cos I'm a weirdo), and it makes a brilliant breakfast!

Also, try banana with a bit of horlicks in it for a malted milkshake.

Frozen berries are good for smoothies because they've got such dense flavour. Just watch out for supermarket strawberries - they so often just don't taste of anything If you've got a pick-your-own place near you then take the kids along over the summer to get some picking done. Better fruit, in season, and they'll probably eat a tonne of the things out in the field
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Just finished the peanut butter, banana, honey, yogurt and milk one and it was lush.
Have also bought a couple of bags of frozen fruit for fruity ones. With being ill, I'm off my food a bit and the smoothies make a great alternative.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Dont want to take over this tread, but, does anyone know of any recipes that are dairy free, I'm lactose intolerant
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Dont want to take over this tread, but, does anyone know of any recipes that are dairy free, I'm lactose intolerant
You could probably use soya milk. Also when I was in Morrisons this morning they do a dairy free kind of ice cream thing that would probably be lush for smoothies.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >