Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2013, 06:54 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Saturday).

Morning all. I see a little party was had last night.
I did have to laugh about the exploding haggis sorry.
Well done for cleaning the place up nicely though so I didn't have too when I arrived this morning.

We were up at the crack of dawn today Dillon started stirring at around 6 am so Gorden came down and let him out while I got up at my leisure and arrived down here at around 6.30 am.
The ground looks very wet this morning but still some bits of snow lying around and Gorden said it looked like there was snow again on the shed roof.
Not much on again today I had planned to go to Makro but now the gas and electric payments have gone out of the bank earlier than thought that's a no no as I have to wait till Tuesday for the rest of my housekeeping.

I hope all the poorly doggies are well this morning and the poorly people if not wishing you well soon and (((hugs))).
Bev I was sorry to read that Kyiro may be looking at another amputation. Lets hope Monday when he see's the vet it isn't as bad as you are expecting.
I hope Jimmi gets a stroll today Sally.
June I hope the babies have let you have a lie-in today.
Linda I hope Loki is feeling better.
If I have missed anyone sorry.

Dillon has now gone back to sleep. Oh well at least he is quiet.

Whatever you are up to today stay safe and warm and I hope nobody has the snow too bad today.
Looking forward to the treacle pud tomorrow Jenny.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2013, 07:19 AM
Hi there

Bitter cold here as the wind chill is biting ferociously. Another gale due in later today

Hot water bottles filled.... cannot refill the oil as car insurance is almost due.. ah well!

Knitting on here; more ideas etc etc etc. rearranged the kitchen yesterday to accommodate the kettle situation after the lime scale debacle.. as when I was first in Ireland will carry water containers in the car and fill up when I am in a softer water area. The first four years I was here I had no water supply just run off and rainwater and bringing in drinking water from springs and wells and taps by the roadside ..You get used to it. The run off was brown from the turf.... baths were interesting

Pain levels remain high but that too is the norm so we work alongside this. Quietly so. Happy to knit and work wth bright colours

Will be out next Wednesday;

Have a good weekend.. blessings and peace
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2013, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Hi there

Bitter cold here as the wind chill is biting ferociously. Another gale due in later today

Hot water bottles filled.... cannot refill the oil as car insurance is almost due.. ah well!

Knitting on here; more ideas etc etc etc. rearranged the kitchen yesterday to accommodate the kettle situation after the lime scale debacle.. as when I was first in Ireland will carry water containers in the car and fill up when I am in a softer water area. The first four years I was here I had no water supply just run off and rainwater and bringing in drinking water from springs and wells and taps by the roadside ..You get used to it. The run off was brown from the turf.... baths were interesting

Pain levels remain high but that too is the norm so we work alongside this. Quietly so. Happy to knit and work wth bright colours

Will be out next Wednesday;

Have a good weekend.. blessings and peace
Morning Rose. We are expecting heavy rain and gales from today too. Sounds like you're well prepared as always.
I hope the pain keeps at bay.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Rose. We are expecting heavy rain and gales from today too. Sounds like you're well prepared as always.
I hope the pain keeps at bay.
Many thinks,,, or even thanks!

If i am not driving I can take pain killers so it evens out.. worse places to be at my age than a warm bed with work for my hands that will feed babies..

With all the yarn that is coming in I am like a kid in a sweet shop.. or as one friend put it, a flea in a nudist colony

Family in Canada are trying to find blankets for the homeless there; they gather all summer. Still -42 out there. They are used to it and well heated etc but imagine being on the streets; many places have opened their doors as always. We give out bales of hay and straw too there.

It keeps me grounded hearing from them; know what I mean ( q) Being alone you can get so introverted.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Morning Lynn, Rose and everyone

Glad to hear Dillons is so nice and quiet in the mornings for you now Lynn, and enjoy your day of knitting Rose keeping warm indoors.

Woke in the night, looked outside and everything was white, but then when I got up it was raining so now all the snow has gone yayyyyy! Very still and quiet out there now and it's stopped raining, so we'll be doing the beach with Zena when I've come round with my morning cuppa.

Off up to the van this morning, can't wait to see the new carpet, and Dave will be fitting a new bathroom cabinet and some other bits I need doing up there and then that'll be it until the park re-opens on the 1st march when I only have a couple of days to get the boiler serviced, and put all the stuff back in there all nice and clean ready for the first guests.

Can't decide what to have for lunch today, so I might bung a small piece of gammon in the slow cooker before we go up to the van and it'll be all ready for when we get back.

Hope you're not snowed under where you are, but it does look bad up around Worcester on the M6 (is Worcester on the M6 ) dunno, but my friend now lives in Worcester and I know she gets there via the M6, but wherever you are, hope it's not too bad.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone and I'll pop back later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn, Rose and everyone

Glad to hear Dillons is so nice and quiet in the mornings for you now Lynn, and enjoy your day of knitting Rose keeping warm indoors.

Woke in the night, looked outside and everything was white, but then when I got up it was raining so now all the snow has gone yayyyyy! Very still and quiet out there now and it's stopped raining, so we'll be doing the beach with Zena when I've come round with my morning cuppa.

Off up to the van this morning, can't wait to see the new carpet, and Dave will be fitting a new bathroom cabinet and some other bits I need doing up there and then that'll be it until the park re-opens on the 1st march when I only have a couple of days to get the boiler serviced, and put all the stuff back in there all nice and clean ready for the first guests.

Can't decide what to have for lunch today, so I might bung a small piece of gammon in the slow cooker before we go up to the van and it'll be all ready for when we get back.

Hope you're not snowed under where you are, but it does look bad up around Worcester on the M6 (is Worcester on the M6 ) dunno, but my friend now lives in Worcester and I know she gets there via the M6, but wherever you are, hope it's not too bad.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone and I'll pop back later
Morning Helena we still have some bits of snow around but it does feel a lot milder out there today and I think I saw 7 for our area on the weather map earlier. Better get me bikini out.
Good luck at the van today and the gammon sounds nice for lunch enjoy.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2013, 08:02 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone,

We have had another 1-2 inches of snow overnight so everywhere is white and with the compressed snow/ice underneath that, walking this morning was treacherous.

Hoping the big thaw will start today, I would rather get soaking wet in pouring rain and be able to walk normally than slipping and sliding and trying to stay upright as I have for the past couple of weeks or so.

Tescos for me this morning, also a trip to Home Bargains and The range. Lots of washing and ironing to do too.

I had a nice surprise when I got in from work last night. Charly's boyfriend Ash had been to Asda for some shopping and cooked us a 3 course meal, which he was all ready to serve up as I come in. It was lovely.

Charly also got an excellent report from the international Law firm she has been working with the past two weeks, who overall said she was exceptional. So that was really good news too as well as also hearing she got a top grade in an exam she done at uni just before Christmas, she had been ill so was sure she would fail.

Glad Dillon is quiet for you today Lynn and Rose I hope you can keep that pain minimal. I have fibromyalgia so have some idea of what you are going through.

Take care all and have a good day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2013, 08:04 AM
Good morning all.

Got up to a couple of inches of snow on the ground, but I don't think it will stick around for long (says she, fingers crossed).

Rosie is still doing fine, but today is the day we mix in a quarter of her normal food with the chicken so we'll see how that goes. If she reverts and starts being sick again, then I'm considering putting her on a home cooked diet. Don't really want to as I hate cooking, but if it will work for her then that's the way we'll go.

Don't know what we are doing today. Much depends on wether this snow sticks around or not, but my guess is that we will be going out a bit later this morning and doing the usual. Still on the shorter circuit, but it's nice to get some fresh air even when it's freezing.

It turned very windy last night, but that has died down too. Nothing worse than wind and freezing cold as it feels like someone sticking pins in your face as you walk.

Something that amused me the other day at the vets was when he called in the little dog that went in just before Rosie. The dog's name was 'Piglet'. Horrible name for a dog, but, honestly, the little JRT cross did look like a little piglet.

Some people do have strange ideas on names don't they. I always try to imagine them out and about and calling their dog to them. You'd think, 'here Piggy, Piggy' would have been enough to put them off that particular name wouldn't you

Apologies in advance to anyone who may have a dog named Piglet.

Anyways, a nice shower and cup of coffee now and then I'm ready to face the day.

Have a good 'un all x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2013, 08:07 AM
Morning All

pavements are lethal here, due to the rain last night now they are like sheets of ice.

hope everyone is safe and well.

take care today folks xxxxxxxxxx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Morning Lynn and all ,

The sun is out and apart from a few patches/piles of snow the grass again is green

Sorry for all of you who still have snow or gales forecast. Fresh snow on top of ice is lethal so take care.

I hope Dillon has a calm day.
RoseB gets to keep warm enough and her pain under control.
Helen you have time to stand and admire your new carpet and get to enjoy the gammon - if that is what you decided on
Rosie manages the different diet.
Jimmi gets to have a walk.
Kyiro has a quiet day with as little pain as possible.

I've promised my younger son that I will help him clear his brother's clobber into sacks (which oldr. son should have done when he moved out last June ) as yngr. son is going to turn the room into a sitting room.

See you all later.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »