Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2022, 11:59 AM

Tuesday 27th December 2022

Good afternoon all, my brother is heading back to London today then Hastings tomorrow.
Going to take a few bits over to Steve later, sent him some energy drinks as he is very very tired, hopefully he is getting better but he says he is exhausted.... don't think he will be back at work tomorrow....tbf, I am worried sick he will take a coughing fit on one of the country lanes and wind up in a ditch
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2022, 01:20 PM
Good afternoon Kelly and al who follow

Do hope Steve see sense in stay home a little longer. I hope your new neighbours soon realise that everything they have been told about your family are lies and see you for the good people you are. Take care

What lovely presents you were given and I know the book will be treasured by you both.

Busy tidying up this morning and sorting out the turkey - about another 3 meals will see it finished. It is nice to have a quiet house. The hoard turned up at lunch time yesterday (unexpected as I did ask if they would be here for lunch) so hurridly had to cook extra by the way of chips but they all enjoyed it. Went down to the beach in the afternoon and the youngest ended up knee deep in the waves but was very happily running in and out fully clothed and with her shoes on

Hope everyone is recovering from the ills that they have suffered.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2022, 02:35 PM
Lol...bless her sue!! Bet she will remember that for years to come. You mums are ace making sure everyone is fed and taken care of, mums sorted Steve out today and Andrew and his mate robin who is going to stay in Hastings with him
Sure the neighbours will be fine eventually Sue
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2022, 04:23 PM
Steve is ringing work, he doesn't get paid whilst he is off and as they are so short of staff, pressurise people to go in....I have made sure he has food and gas and dad put £50 on his electric.
Andrew has left and poor Kota is heartbroken lol..... it's so funny as he makes out he doesn't like her but he had her in the garden when he was going.
Had curry for lunch/ dinner, have been good and not touched the pringles......yet!!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2022, 07:38 PM
Good evening we have done a mercy dash to Essex Epping in fact.
Michael booked his train from here to Ely then on to Kings cross from Ely.
1/2 hour later a message cancelled money refunded, so he booked from here to Peterborough then onto Kings cross dearer ticket too.
1/2 hour later the train was cancelled money returned. He is up there from today as he is looking after a friend's cat and a wedding on Friday and then flying back to Madrid New Years Eve.
We said we would run him to Epping for the tube. A14, A11, M11 a nightmare and then he was worrying we had to get back, we said not to worry we have nothing to hurry home for and we would rather know you were on your way and not stressing.
We have offered if he gets stuck getting to Stanstead New Years Eve if he gives us enough notice we will pick him up from Epping (tubes) not effected by the strikes and drop him at the airport it is on the way home.
He has said he will get a taxi he will be around Liverpool street area. We are just pleased he is where he should be.

Sue that sounds like great fun for your Granddaughter.
griff sorry about Steve.
Chris I hope you are beginning to feel better.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2022, 09:43 PM
Ahhhh Lynn, bet he was so relieved to get to the cat! Luckily my brother has a car and he drove up this year, I think had he not....he would have stayed home.
I do feel bad for Steve, I feels Ill, was going to get bullied into going into work even though he knows he isn't well enough, I asked had he called? He tried twice and was left on hold ages, I rang... straight through and told them he isn't going in tomorrow but will call them and let them know how he is and see about Thursday....he will have to get a sick note to cover himself which means I have to get 2 buses to the drs, a bus to his work and then a bus back home, I think it's awful that people are forced into going into work spreading it, I can't go near him for 10 days because of my immune system and I feel bad for anyone at his work who are in the same predicament. I have told him he is getting a COVID booster after the time between infection and being allowed is clear...... it's non negotiable
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2022, 11:05 PM
Evening all

Griff ask him to get his Doctor to email the note then he can email to work saving the bus trips. Or send to his phone all GP's now do this service
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2022, 08:37 AM
Kazz, we tried that with his fit note, they didn't email it, didn't text it and then after 4 phone calls from me, decided he needed to ring and make an appointment with the Dr....he didn't bother getting the fit note and returned to full time working after 6 months sick