View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 01:15 PM
I've only just got round to catching up on last nights thread and it seems to be mainly about so many people suffering with bad backs
I promised myself a quiet day ... have already done the ironing, some food shopping, hoovered and steamed cleaned our kitchen floor and most importantly walked the dogets. I'm now having a quiet horizontal afternoon.

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
At you being sat next to the main speaker. Martin had a similar (but terrible) experience when working for Oracle and the Americans came over to do a big presentation. He was sat next to a boss - he said 'mum I fell asleep during the presentation and I was sat next to one of my bosses.' I said 'did he notice?' He said 'I'm sure he did - my head had lolled onto his shoulder and I was dribbling onto his shirt it was when he moved I woke up' lol!

The Roman skirt? Is this for 're-enactment' stuff? No my son doesn't do that re-enactment stuff .... he's a physio but at weekends he does fire-eating and performing at various night clubs and venues
Afternoon Pat - Your post really made me smile about Martin and dribbling on one of the bosses. Some meetings are so boring so what do they expect I had been chatting the man next to me and he is a (just retired) eminent cardiologist ..... now I was desperate to cough during his talk but didn't dare as I have a very 'fruity' cough at the moment and I thought he might make some comment about it Other people at the dinner kept taking photos of him when he was doing his speech and I could gladly have got up and left the room - I hate being in photos and ended up spending about 40 minutes holding my tummy in and covering it with my napkin as there were so many beautiful slim ladies there and I had stupidly pushed my chair away from the table. Not a very nice 40 minutes and I really could feel my eyes glazing over and had to fight to keep them open.

Nippy - I hope this afternoon goes well with your daughter's future F-i-L. A very sad time for him but as you say there is nothing like having a baby in the house to take centre stage. Enjoy.

Afternoon Moyra - I hope that back of yours has eased.

Rosebud - I hope you feel more yourself this afternoon. Your ME must really get you down at times ((hugs)). It is much chillier this afternoon than this morning. If you lived nearer I'd arrive with a big plate of roast chicken and all the trimmings for you ... but alas it would be a little cold by the time I'd got over to you.

Taffsmum - If you can afford it get yourself along to a 'recommended' physiotherapist. One of our neighbours use to suffer from appalling migraines and also sciatica and my son (an excellent physio) paid him a visit and stopped the migraine instantly and has also sorted his sciatica on many occasion. He always says that nobody should need to suffer from sciatica or migraine as it is totally stoppable. You poor thing and I hope you can get in a comfy position to relieve the pain for a while. (((hugs))) It doesn't work for everyone but when my back is really bad the only relief I can get is lying on the floor flat on my back with my knees bent up, or lying in my bed on my side with a pillow between my knees.

June - Another member in pain today .... I think we are all falling apart I hope Keshi is a good girl at training. Unfortunately my son needed it for a 'fire' performance last night

Afternoon Apache, Enjoy your meal at Jamie Oliver's .... not that I'm jealous or anything AND The Who concert ............ what a fantastic afternoon and evening you'll be having. You'll have to come on here tomorrow and tell us all about both. Lovely happy ending to Duke's traumatic disappearance
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Tangutica.
Your story about Martin falling asleep at a meeting made me laugh. I used to work for Oracle, retired a couple of years ago. Quite a serious IT company and they wouldn't be amused

Helena,
glad to hear Zena didn't eat your visitor. My Kodi is just the same, you would think we were in danger of being murdered when anyone comes to the door. He barks like crazy. I have been trying to train him out of it, without success so far.

We are all off out for dinner at Jamie Olivers Italian in Manchester this afternoon and then on to see The Who in concert at the arena. So we had to put Kodi in kennels yesterday, he wasn't impressed at all. Will pick him up in the morning, so he is only in there for 36 hours. It's a really nice farm kennels and they take good care of him, lots of walks and attention.

I have just posted an update in Lost & Found about Duke the GSD who went missing after his owner was in a car accident in Manchester last week. He has been found.

Weather here is abysmal at the moment, hope it improves later or it will be raincoats and umbrellas. Have a great day
Well (apart from your weather) your day sounds like one I'd LOVE to be having! I adore Italian food and love seeing the old rockers performing too. And, isn't it lovely when you've got reliable good boarding kennels for peace of mind when you have to leave the 4 legged members behind?

You might have been working for them at the same time as Martin. He did 9 years with them before branching out on his own - they took him on as a graduate and he soon became a Senior Consultant / Technical Architect / DBA (one of their youngest as I recall back then - he's a bright spark doesn't get it from me!) His first job after leaving them was as the Oracle Architect for the Cayman Islands government for 2 years. In fact it was his old boss at Oracle who put him forward for the contract he's doing now with the National Trust Chief Technical Architect - supposed to be for 6 months but they've been renewing it for more than 2yrs!

Yes Oracle are a serious company - but he always got away with murder! The leaving email he sent round to them when he left them for the Cayman Is. was hilarious. He is still in touch with them professionally and personally regularly.

*I've worked for Oracle myself too! Many years ago at their Training place in Bracknell with the 'hanging gardens'. I hasten to add in nothing like the capacity that my offspring does! Just a bit of DTP and editing.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Gave up on the idea of going training, it was hammering down, sooooo half an hour later it is bone dry, but too late for me to go..... I then toyed with the idea of taking Lona to the Gold Class, got my stuff ready then went upstairs to change my sheets, and then got caught up in sorting through stuff and I have just stopped now, and it is too late to go to that. Oh well only 1 week I suppose, and my fingers are sore anyway, that wind doesn't look very inviting, so I am having the day off, and so are the girls.
Nice forecast for tomorrow so we may celebrate my birthday by all going on the river for the afternoon.
LOL Jenny, he obviously knew he was doing the gig....perish the thought he should have thought of having his 'leather skirt' sorted out earlier in the week
Oh I am so glad there are no more dinners for me, they are so so so boring, I'm not surprised to hear of people nodding off during the speeches.
I need to clean the bathroom and mop the kitchen really, so best get a move on, I am at snails pace today for some reason. Probably the weather, doesn't make you want to get up and go.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 01:58 PM
jenny G; your kindness is appreciated.. Roast chicken ! lol! I used to roast a chicken every Sunday with the trimmings but somehow lost the way. Not used the oven here at all; it is a posh fan oven, a NEFF, and I never used one of these.

You get kind of used to the M.E after decades and I refuse to let it stop me doing all I can. There is a lovely bit in one of the Anne of Green Gables books. War has come and all the old and disabled women who had been useless for year are sitting abed knitting much needed comforts for the troops. Could use some of them just now!!!

It is hard just now after last week, busy and illness but no regrets here,, a wonderful time and OHl The kind folk have given me the freedom of the Trad farms! Yippee! Wonder if I could move in to that pretty cottage! lol

Just swept the kitchen floor while the kettle was boiling; the amount of dog hair makes me wonder why collie is not bald.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Afternoon all
Sorry to hear there is some feeling poorly
Taffsmum ,tw ,rosebud,hope you start to feel better soon hugs to you all
Jenny g
I to hate posh doos ,after the last embarrassing one a few years ago
Bought a rather nice posh dress (non dress person ) not being that well endowed in the boobie department ,decided that it needed a little enhancement
Dinner was going rather well. Till a lot of sniggering ,and coughing was going on
The woman sitting next to me lent over and whispered in my ear My dear your CHICKEN NEEDS TO GO HOME TO ROOST
1of the chicken fillets from my bra had worked its way out and was in full view
What an embassment talk about scarlet faced
You can guess where the fillets went and it wasn't in the oven never again
Work finished and having a much needed coffee
Do hope the weather stayed fine for the greyhound walk and fete
Pat
Could you please send some Sun as its cold and miserable here
Helena
Hope you enjoy your relaxing time you've earned it after your busy week
Nippy
Hope the lunch went well
Can't remember what everyone else's been up to but hope you've all had a good day
Thankfully oh has walked the muppets ,only dinner to think about now pot luck springs to mind
Catch you all later
Take care stay safe xxxxx
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 03:23 PM
OK; have a wonderful evening everyone.

Feeding time here; dogs are getting the rest of the soup, cats cat food, me half a Tesco half price quiche and half a ditto raspberry trifle

Not bad eh!!

Blessings and peace
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Afternoon all,

Been away for an adult training weekend for cadets, but had to come home this morning, must have eaten something dodgy, felt awful last night and threw up a couple of times. The pork was a bit dicky but didn't think it was that bad. Ended up coming home this morning Been sleeping since and feel better now, even managed to eat something.

I was doing a Duke of Edinburgh Expedition leaders course so couldn't do the practical today, but our TSA (Training Safety Advisor) called me and said he will take me through the rest when I'm at camp. He was really nice about it.

The biggest change was one of my best mates cut my hair on Friday night, it's way short! I love it but guaranteed grumpy **** won't like it. He hates me having short hair but I love having short hair. Feel way better this way.

Tonight well, not sure yet, supposed to be going to collect a painting and a phone but Brian is still sleeping and I don't know where I'm going. So I will chill and watch TV before starting dinner.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
LOL Jenny, he obviously knew he was doing the gig....perish the thought he should have thought of having his 'leather skirt' sorted out earlier in the week
Oh I am so glad there are no more dinners for me, they are so so so boring, I'm not surprised to hear of people nodding off during the speeches.
June - since when have men thought ahead None of mine do and that's for sure. These dinner 'do's' are usually duty more than pleasure (for me anyway) and they are so dependant on who you share a table with. Last night we actually had a really nice crowd on our table and we had a good laugh after everyone had behaved themselves for the first hour or so. I was so tired though I kept thinking 'I'd much rather be at home'. Although the food was gorgeous. We've had no rain here although it permanently looks as though it's going to - I guess we've been luckier than you. Sorry you didn't get to training but quite nice to have an afternoon off.

Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Jenny g
I to hate posh doos ,after the last embarrassing one a few years ago
Bought a rather nice posh dress (non dress person ) not being that well endowed in the boobie department ,decided that it needed a little enhancement
Dinner was going rather well. Till a lot of sniggering ,and coughing was going on
The woman sitting next to me lent over and whispered in my ear My dear your CHICKEN NEEDS TO GO HOME TO ROOST
1of the chicken fillets from my bra had worked its way out and was in full view
What an embassment talk about scarlet faced
You can guess where the fillets went and it wasn't in the oven never again
You poor thing and how very embarrassing but I wonder just how many people have experienced the exact same thing.

Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
OK; have a wonderful evening everyone.
Feeding time here; dogs are getting the rest of the soup, cats cat food, me half a Tesco half price quiche and half a ditto raspberry trifle
Not bad eh!!
Blessings and peace
Night, night Rosebud - enjoy your evening and sleep well.

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Afternoon all,
Been away for an adult training weekend for cadets, but had to come home this morning, must have eaten something dodgy, felt awful last night and threw up a couple of times. The pork was a bit dicky but didn't think it was that bad. Ended up coming home this morning Been sleeping since and feel better now, even managed to eat something.

I was doing a Duke of Edinburgh Expedition leaders course so couldn't do the practical today, but our TSA (Training Safety Advisor) called me and said he will take me through the rest when I'm at camp. He was really nice about it.

The biggest change was one of my best mates cut my hair on Friday night, it's way short! I love it but guaranteed grumpy **** won't like it. He hates me having short hair but I love having short hair. Feel way better this way.

Tonight well, not sure yet, supposed to be going to collect a painting and a phone but Brian is still sleeping and I don't know where I'm going. So I will chill and watch TV before starting dinner.
Sorry you've had a dodgy tum Don't forget to let us know what OH thinks of your hair .... my OH likes me with longer hair and my Dad did when he was alive. I hope he surprises you and like it.

Lynn - I hope the weather held this afternoon for you and you had fun at the fete.

Bev - How did the greys walk go?

I had a LOVELY doze this afternoon ............ such a treat and I feel great now. Just about to take the dogs out for a 15 mins walk before the foxes all come out to play/hunt.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Phew, well the future FiL was hard work. Bless him he is obviously still in a state of deep grief. Very little conversation, so I put the cricket on the TV because he is a big cricket fan.....what happened it was rained off
My hubby is 75 next Saturday and he has only gone and invited the FiL to his party. Mind you he was very pleased to be invited it was the most animation he showed all the time he was here.
I feel totally shattered now, can't wait for bed time
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Phew, well the future FiL was hard work. Bless him he is obviously still in a state of deep grief. Very little conversation, so I put the cricket on the TV because he is a big cricket fan.....what happened it was rained off
My hubby is 75 next Saturday and he has only gone and invited the FiL to his party. Mind you he was very pleased to be invited it was the most animation he showed all the time he was here.
I feel totally shattered now, can't wait for bed time
Oh dear Nippy! I could feel your angst in that post. Perhaps the FFiL will be a little better by the time your OH's party takes place?

*sorry to say I smothered a laugh when you put the Cricket on (brainwave) and it was rained off!
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »