Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2012, 04:53 AM

Good morning to you! - Thursday!

Morning all,

Thursday .

I do rather like these short weeks..... I wonder if I could talk my boss into......er..... maybe not

Fabulous weather (no, really). Raining and cloudy with a top temperature today of just 16 degrees. I’m loving it!

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today's gem:
Never complain and never explain – Benjamin Disraeli
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-06-2012, 05:23 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Try it you never know your boss may be waiitng for the excuse to implement it.

A quiet day today I am hoping after all of yesterdays problems. Still decisions to be made but at least we have our foot in the door now and getting mum what she needs and has done for the last 18 months or longer. Just so sad how it was done.

I am having coffee out with a friend today and looking forward to it.

I like the gem today. Have a good day all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2012, 06:13 AM
Morning Vicki, Lynn and all,
Mechanic picking my car up at 7.30 am this morning to change the cambelt and put on a new water pump at the same time. So at least I know I won't be driving along one day and that will snap.
Had a lovely long walk with the dogs this morning and unlike you Vicki I am gagging to see some real sun, warmth and summer.
Lynn I have obviously missed an update on your mum somewhere, but I hope all works out rght for her and enjoy your coffee.
Stupid Bike race in town today so the whole town shut off to traffic till midnight tonight. Goodness knows where the bus will take me when I need to go to work and how far I will end up walking to get to the highstreet and then I have to walk to goodness knows where at 7.30 tonight to get a bus home.
Enjoy your day everyone.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-06-2012, 07:06 AM
'morning Vicki, Lynn, Bev and all followers

Missed you all yesterday as we went to see some friends, seventy miles but normal roads with lots of tiny villages and far too many agricultural vehicles it meant we were not back home 'till 7pm

It does look like your Mum is finally getting some proper attention Lynn

Hope you find your way on the buses OK Bev

enjoy the sunshine if you have any, I prefer it to wet and windy any time
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2012, 07:09 AM
Morning Cuz xxx Morning All xxx

Had a great day out with friends and foster kids yesterday, some of the kids really enjoyed the fact that it was my Birthday as they have never been allowed Birthday gifts in their lives so sharing the opening of mine was a treat
The thunder came and brought heavy storms but luckily we had just got back indoors when that happened, today is rain rain rain, but nevertheless a great day planned....staying in

Have a fabulous day folks and Vicki I think you should ask that lovely boss about a 3 day week on full pay....who knows he may say Yes....(tongue in cheek)
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Morning all

Quiet day for me, I have a cadet presentation to give at one of the local primary schools tomorrow so preparing for that. Bit scared.

Got the docs this afternoon, this is where I find out if my achy joints are just down to being a bit older or actually caused by arthritis, I know it sounds bad but I'm hoping something comes out of the results cause I don't like thinking it might be my imagination. I'm aching like mad today though, going to go take some ibuprofen shortly.

Cadets tonight, we are practising drill, we have a cross-cadet forces parade in a couple of weeks.
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Good morning all,
Well i really didn't want to get up this morning and sadly my alarm clock doesn't have a snooze button(hooch), if ignored he tries pushing me out of bed lol.
Bev it sounds like you might need to take a satnav just to find your way home.
I don't think i will be doing much today, my head says yes but my knees say NO.
Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2012, 08:31 AM
First day back at work after 2 weeks off for me!
Finding it hard already
May have to do a full day as someone is ill, but won't know until she phones........so if she does, will have to close up to take the pups for a quick walk around lunch time!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-06-2012, 10:45 AM
צהריים טובים לכולם

Afternoon Vicki, afternoon all - I forgot that our new GP, who I have yet to see, has not only cut out a day but also changed the hours, as I planned on going during the usual Thursday noon-1.30pm surgery, only to remember when it was too late that it is now 8-10am. Booger. No doctor now until Monday 4-6.30pm. How they expect people to manage with a doctor here for only 3½ hours a week I do not know - it was difficult enough before when we had 1½ hours three times a week. A lot of people with cars have now changed to a different Health Fund and are driving to town to surgeries there, but that is not much use for those of us who do not have cars and/or cannot travel into town to see a doctor.

Did a bit of haggling in the macolet - I know that the prices of fruit and vegetables have shot up but heck, I really did not fancy paying the same for a kilo of pumpkin that I do for a kilo of turkey gizzards, especially as once peeled that kilo of pumpkin is not a kilo after all. So I haggled!

Well, if you do not ask you do not get, and he could have said no...

Having taken Pereg out very early this morning the biggun is now on charge so that we can go out early evening when it is a bit cooler, so until then the day is mine, all mine!

Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Good afternoon all!

Had a lovely walk round town - it's a bit quieter today although we are still tripping over the many kids that seem to be littering the place up

Called for a coffee at Mcd's and a poor fella there had to suffer intense cute puppy eyes and lip licking for the duration of eating his ice cream cone - Rosie loves ice cream . Fortunately, he saw the funny side and laughed most of the way through it.

It's very black outside now so I'm guessing we are in for a storm pretty soon. It has been threatening most of the day. Hate storms - fortunately, Rosie doesn't seem to react to them thankfully

Enjoy whatever is left of the day. Sorry Vicki, but roll on proper summer with warm sunny days and preferably a nice cooling breeze to keep the humidity away