02-09-2011, 04:57 AM
Well - looks like I have failed before I have even got to this point:

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=153677&page=3

See my last post...
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2011, 05:53 AM
i think the right dog finds you, and this one was probably not meant to be, you have your reasons for not having louie done and thats your right, although if you're waiting for a springer or a lab to grow up, it'll never happen they don't, physically mature well thats different, just out of curiosity who told you they were slow to mature?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2011, 06:01 AM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
i think the right dog finds you, and this one was probably not meant to be, you have your reasons for not having louie done and thats your right, although if you're waiting for a springer or a lab to grow up, it'll never happen they don't, physically mature well thats different, just out of curiosity who told you they were slow to mature?
I've always been told that labs mature fully around the age of 2 - I know neither breed actually grows up - like men *just joking...

Maybe you're right but I still don't see why there'd be any problems - he is fine with my OH's neutered dog, he is fine with all the other dogs at training and out of walks and at shows - and their dog is being neutered shortly anyway, and he's male so no chance of unwanted pregnancies..

We'll see - maybe I'll get recs. that will allow them to give me the BOTD and trust me on this, I mean who knows their dog better than it's owner (well not true for all, but I know Louie inside out)
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2011, 06:04 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I've always been told that labs mature fully around the age of 2 - I know neither breed actually grows up - like men *just joking...
up to you, we day care one who was done at around 11months can't say he's not mature, was certainly fully developed, springers the same
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2011, 06:07 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post

Maybe you're right but I still don't see why there'd be any problems - he is fine with my OH's neutered dog, he is fine with all the other dogs at training and out of walks and at shows - and their dog is being neutered shortly anyway, and he's male so no chance of unwanted pregnancies..

We'll see - maybe I'll get recs. that will allow them to give me the BOTD and trust me on this, I mean who knows their dog better than it's owner (well not true for all, but I know Louie inside out)
its a different kettle of fish living together though, i have held off with Fudge because of his medical conditions,,,,,, but i will be talking to the vets about it now because now at 18 months he is having issues with "dogs" in the house
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2011, 06:26 AM
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=151618

What about this ESS if still available?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2011, 06:33 AM
The user hasn't been on since 1st August - she may have forgotten that she has posted on here... I'm just going to wait to hear from the people I have emailed before I rush into looking for another dog.. although a trained gundog would be good... (but cheating!)
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-09-2011, 06:48 AM
A number of people on here with perfect doggy homes have failed to re home over neuter issues , your not alone ...x
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2011, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
A number of people on here with perfect doggy homes have failed to re home over neuter issues , your not alone ...x
I know - it's just a horrible feeling though.. Thanks Murf..
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4